Politics Are Pure Comedy b/w Pander Is Not A Bear

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
You can't make this crap up.....This morning on the local Talk Radio station they had two candidates that are running against each other for the office of "County Commissioner"One was the very white Ken Mayfield and the other was the very white Rose Renfro. Their parties are not important.Mr. Mayfield was upset because Ms. Renfro managed to get her name on the ballot as Rosita Renfro and claimed she was doing nothing more than pandering to, and possibly trying to trick the Hispanic voter. He said that there were NO documents anywhere that listed her name as Rosita and that she had just made it up to win the election.Ms. Renfro countered that Rosita was her deceased husband's pet name for her and she was using it to honor him. She claimed it had NOTHING to do with trying to capture Hispanic votes.The host of the show then asked Ms. Renfro if she thought she was well suited to represent the Hispanics in her County?She replied that she was very in touch with her Hispanic constituents and she very aware of their needs, issues and concerns.The host then asked a question to which her answer almost made me drive off the road.....He said "Well Ms. Renfro, can you tell me what day Cinco De Mayo falls on"To which she replied "I guess I should know the answer to that but it's real early in the morning"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THESE are the folks who are inhabiting the ranks of our Political System.Friggin AMAZING!!!I do have a question to the SS politicos though....Was using "Rosita" dirty politics and should it have been allowed??

Comments

• I'm not sure what the benchmark of "dirty" is, but what she did strikes me as flagrantly dishonest. That is not a quality I like in my politicians. At the very least, I like my dishonesty subtle.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I think this is a sadder commentary on our (uneducated) electorate, who presumably would fall for this kind of nonsense.

• He said "Well Ms. Renfro, can you tell me what day Cinco De Mayo falls on"

To which she replied "I guess I should know the answer to that but it's real early in the morning"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA come on now.

Opposite of , more like

Sounds like that article the onion did a while ago, "man amazed that spanish and mexican food not the same".... about how he went to a spanish tapas restaurant and couldn't get a taco or something.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    He said "Well Ms. Renfro, can you tell me what day Cinco De Mayo falls on"

To which she replied "I guess I should know the answer to that but it's real early in the morning"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA come on now.

Opposite of , more like

Sounds like that article the onion did a while ago, "man amazed that spanish and mexican food not the same".... about how he went to a spanish tapas restaurant and couldn't get a taco or something.

Dude...I SWEAR I heard this with my own ears...it was on a station called 660 AM KSKY....I'll see if I can find a link.

But I agree.....sounds made up....but truth is always stranger than fiction.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Could only find this story about her name change....what a piece of work!!
    http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:nVZD...us&ct=clnk&cd=1

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I think this is a sadder commentary on our (uneducated) electorate, who presumably would fall for this kind of nonsense.

That's always a frustrating thing to have to behold.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    people enter politics because they are too stupid (or too rich) to get a real job.