Bill Maher & Benjamin Netanyahu talking on Israel

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.hbo.com/billmaher/video/ click under interviewsReally good interview from the Israeli perspective dealing with war, anti-semitism, Iran, Hezbollah, and moreI'd love to hear some comments from the SS massive on this

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I'm not gonna hug that Tahar Baby.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm not gonna hug that Tahar Baby.

trust me there is nothing Tony Snow about this interview.

Very blunt and informative.

I should warn people the interview is 15 minutes but if you enjoy Bill Mahers interview style you won't even notice the time

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I watched it. I do not like Maher's interview style. Bibi pretty much sonned him. One thing struck me though: Bibi said, I may not be clear on this, but something about how Israel is able to win wars swiftly because of the US [assuming he's referring to military aid]. Then he goes on to say that Hezbollah does not exist because it is merely a proxy of Tehran. "using Iranian made guns,etc." By that logic, the Israeli right-wing does not exist, but by proxy of Washington.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    something about how Israel is able to win wars swiftly because of the US [assuming he's referring to military aid]. Then he goes on to say that Hezbollah does not exist because it is merely a proxy of Tehran. "using Iranian made guns,etc." By that logic, the Israeli right-wing does not exist, but by proxy of Washington.

Interesting way to look at it, but I'd say Netanyahu covered that when he said Israel is now on the world stage (which I guess can be said of Hezbollah too). However Israel is a governing body while Hezbollah is a group living in an anarchist country guerilla fighting the people to the south of it with soldiers/ fighters trained in Tehran, by Iranians.

point tooken though