How much weed do you need (Willie rel)

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Willie just got busted with a pound and a half plus 90 grams of shrooms. Seems a bit excessive. I think a qp would suffice for most stoners. Your thoughts. Willie Nelson charged with drugs possessionThe country singer arrested in LouisianaWillie Nelson has been charged with drug possession.The country singer was allegedly found in possession of marijuana and magic mushrooms on his tour bus after a routine stop near LaFayette in Louisiana. Now Nelson and four others have been charged with drugs possession. Police allegedly found one and a half pounds (0.7g) of marijuana and two tenths of a pound (91 grams) of magic mushrooms, reports the BBC.Nelson could face up to six months in jail and an unspecified fine. As previously reported by NME.COM, the singer is set to release new album 'Songbird' on October 30. It has been produced by long-term fan Ryan Adams.Meanwhile Nelson is set to tour the UK in early 2007. He plays:Cardiff International Arena (January 25)London Wembley Arena (26)Manchester MEN Arena (27)Glasgow SECC (28) For ticket availability go to NME.COM/Gigs.?? IPC MEDIA 1996-2006, All rights reserved | Site User Terms | Privacy Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Buy Our Content In The Magazine

Comments

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

That was for the whole band who was on the road, so that's like a qp each. Seems reasonable enough since they're on tour. The mushrooms on the other hand, I don't know about that. A tour bus full of old country dudes trippin would be pretty wild.

• he's just trying to have a good time

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    everyday he needs a pound and a half, Willie Nelson the only flow with a bounce and a half.

• That was for the whole band who was on the road, so that's like a qp each. Seems reasonable enough since they're on tour. The mushrooms on the other hand, I don't know about that. A tour bus full of old country dudes trippin would be pretty wild.
    Yeah that aint bad with the herb. You know hes getting groupies high too. The mush though is a lil wild. Those dudes get FUCCCCKKKKKEEEEEEDDDD up apparently.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    90 grams of shrooms.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Thank Jesus. Louisiana's finest are back doing what they do best: keeping the streets safe from Willie Nelson.

The bust was the result of an intensive investigation that was part of a massive 3 year-long, $78 million Federal and Louisiana State Police sting operation that had authorities working night-and-day on a rabbit trail of hints, lies, deceit, and puzzling clues. "We arrested Nelson after coming to the astonishing and undeniable conclusion that [Nelson] was a user of marijuana for non-medicinal purposes," said LaFayette's Interim Police Chief James Craft. "Based on initial intelligence reports, this was completely unexpected."

Seriously, though - this report is cause for concern. For the first time, Willie Nelson is now publicly known to have associated with Ryan Adams.

Thanks. I'll be here all week.

Honestly: I love the way this got spun into an album-and-tour promo. God bless Willie Nelson.

• 90 grams of shrooms.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    God bless Willie Nelson.

• Willie just got busted with a pound and a half plus 90 grams of shrooms....Your thoughts

he should catch a break for possessing organic highs.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    God bless Willie Nelson.

• God bless Willie Nelson.

Did I just read $78 million Sting operation just to bust Willie Nelson for a little weed?

I like how this report says magic mushrooms. Am I the only one that giggled at this?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    God bless Willie Nelson.

Did I just read $78 million Sting operation just to bust Willie Nelson for a little weed?

I like how this report says magic mushrooms. Am I the only one that giggled at this?

No, I giggled too.

Willie Nelson is one of the Greatest Americans Ever.

Goddam I love that dude!!!!

• To answer the original question: "All of it". And them shrooms. Please and thank you.

• willie = 5th beatle ?

"The 1980s started on an ominous note for McCartney.
    On 16 January, 1980, McCartney and Wings came to Tokyo
    for a series of 11 concerts in Japan. While going through
    customs at Narita Airport, officials found
    7.7 ounces (218.3 g) of marijuana in McCartney's luggage.
    He was arrested and taken to a Tokyo corrections
    facility while the Japanese government decided what to do.
    McCartney had been denied a visa to Japan in 1975
    because he had been convicted twice in Europe for
    possession of marijuana, so it was surprising that
    he brought some to Tokyo. While Japan customarily
    deported foreigners who brought small amounts of
    marijuana into the country, some public figures called
    for a jury trial of McCartney for drug smuggling ???
    if convicted, he would have faced up to seven years
    in prison. The other members of Wings cancelled the
    tour and left Japan. After nine days in jail, McCartney
    was released without charge and deported; he was told
    that he would not be welcome again in Japan for quite some time to come.[2]"

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

That was for the whole band who was on the road, so that's like a qp each. Seems reasonable enough since they're on tour. The mushrooms on the other hand, I don't know about that. A tour bus full of old country dudes trippin would be pretty wild.

you are assuming that they found all of the weed on the bus. You know what happens when you assume things.........

for example,.....
    Willie, seen here hitting the "weed" bag. Do you really think that those stupid rednecks thought to look inside. I doubt it.

here is a picture of the bus, the bus was featured in the movie Honeysuckle Rose.

• You can't seem to go into a coffee shop in Amsterdam without seeing a picture of Willie with his arm round the owner on the wall. Dude hit them all.. many times.

• Of course they need a lot of weed. Look at the size of the bong they're towing around...

• Of course they need a lot of weed. Look at the size of the vaporizer[/b] they're towing around...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    You can't seem to go into a coffee shop in Amsterdam without seeing a picture of Willie with his arm round the owner on the wall. Dude hit them all.. many times.[/b]

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    God bless Willie Nelson.

I totally faked that quote. I tried to tip it off with the last line.

• Just a 20 man, holler at me!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Now that I've examined thee back of the bus more closely, the whole zoomers aspect of this story is making more sense.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    My favorite stoner scene of all time.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I am shocked, SHOCKED, that Willie Nelson was caught with weed.

That's the problem with this country. All these senior citizens running around breaking the laws, smoking dope, and clogging our highways with their bio-diesel and long hair.