Saw Joe Rogan at Cobb's Comedy Club in SF...

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
...and dude killed it in my opinion. A good balance of sex/politics/drugs/stupid people humor. I heartily endorse dude next time he is in your town.Anyone care to chime in on stand-up comedians they've actually seen live?

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Not great, but better than expected. He's pretty damn new to standup, so that would explain why he gets shaky at times, but he did supply the funny.

Saw this dude at a corporate deal back in 1999. Lemme tell ya, when you're completely shitfaced on free booze, that "choppin' broccoli" bit is some funny shit. Also, he completely clowned the company and the CEO, which was pretty dope.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

i know you know cosmo, but we saw this the holmes a few months ago. well worth the admission. this guy is funny as shit.

• sergserg 682 Posts

mitch hedberg, saw him a few years back and dude fucking killed it.

he was fucking great

also saw charlie murphy when he was touring with a Bill Burr and Donnell Rawlings. Bill Burr was pretty damn funny.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

both kilt it

• THESE GUYS HAVE ALL KILLED THE MULTIPLE TIMES I'VE SEEN THEM IN THE PAST 3 YEARS...

• i think Mitch Hedberg is the only comedian I've seen live, my face hurt so bad afterwards from laughing, jesus christ...

RIP.

• i know you know cosmo, but we saw this the holmes a few months ago. well worth the admission. this guy is funny as shit.

• he killed it as the Korean bookie on Curb your Enthusiasm.

• personally, id kill joe rogan if given the chance.
    i saw michael showalter a few weeks ago, and he was
    way funnier than everyone listed so far.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    DAVID CROSS!
    I've seen him 5-6 times, always brings the funny!

• personally, id kill joe rogan if given the chance.
    i saw michael showalter a few weeks ago, and he was
    way funnier than everyone listed so far.

well aight then mr grumpy.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Nice shirt.

• THESE GUYS HAVE ALL KILLED THE MULTIPLE TIMES I'VE SEEN THEM IN THE PAST 3 YEARS...

Cosign on Dana Gould and Jerry Minor. Who's that last guy (looks like Harvey pekar)?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

• saw this dude

man and you thought Dante only killed it in the funky black man 45 dept, but he is hilarious! (I kid, I kid)

anyway, its Jake Johannsen and I saw him about ten years ago(only comedian i have seen live) and dude had me teary-eyed with laughter

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I saw this guy in Boston in '99 for $15. Just by chance, they sat us dead center in the front row, literally at his feet. Ballin'est shit ever, son.

• I love this guy and the whole Stella crew.

Where'd you see him?

• I didn't know the Sklars did stand-up. I love "Cheap Seats" and it's always funny when they guest on The Jim Rome Show. So, do they come out as a duo? Also didn't know Jerry Minor did stand-up.

• SKLARS ARE A DUO ACT - THEY FINISH OFF EACH OTHERS SENTENCES

JERY MINOR DID ONE OF THE FUNNIEST STAND UP BITS I'VE SEEN IN A MINUTE...VERY UNIQUE HARD TO EXPLAIN. HE KILLS IT ON THE LUCKY LOUIS SHOW TOO!