HBO TV shows(late pass related)

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
finished Carnivale...Clancy Brown is da man. Bring this show back!Just started Rome...really good, who has seen the entire thing? good til the end?polly walker is the bees knees

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Rome is really good.

Best thing on HBO is Deadwood. Shit is just so well done. And I can usually never get with western themed things.

• Rome is really good.

Best thing on HBO is Deadwood. Shit is just so well done. And I can usually never get with western themed things.

yeah, I keep puttin Deadwood back on the shelf because I am not sure if I can handle that much Western...dont get me wrong I can watch The Wild Bunch all day long, but a Western with Soap-Opera tendencies seems a bit much for me. But since you dont like Western stuff but like this, I will prolly give it a shot.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    the wire
    deadwood
    sopranos
    entourage
    chyeah

• what do you guys think of the polygamy one "Big Love"? i caught the pilot and i kinda like it. it's weird but not heavy-handed weird. mark motherbaugh does the music which is nice. harry dean stanton is cast well

• im feeling the wire, entourage, lucky louie, big love. Tourgasm was kinda beat and i dont have the motivation to watch deadwood.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    To be honest. I think the reason I like this series so much, is because character development and the writing just gets better and better as the seasons go on.

If you liked Rome, u'll love this.

Eventhough there is alot of swearing (Some might take it to be too over the top) & violence, it's pretty outstanding.

Give season one a go and if ur still a lil interested, check out some of season 2 and if ur not hooked by then, it's not ur thing.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i didn't think i would like deadwood at all but the show is so fucking funny and it still pulls you into the story even though you're laughing every five minutes

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    One of the best things about working for HBO is they play ALL the series all day long. Makes the lack of cable @ the house easier to deal with.

Epitafios (Argentina) & Mandrake (Brasil) are both also really good. Mandrake is packed full of some serious eye candy.

• what a funny funny dude. I laugh just thinking about some of the shit he has said...

• Extras is hilarious. Start out by watching the episode with Samuel L Jackson.

Oh yeah, and guess what's back:

Big Rus' really needs to extend these to hour long episodes. 30 minutes seems way too short.

• I agree with the heads up on most of the shows mentioned. However, I am furious with HBO making viewers sit on their hands for up to two years until the next season starts.

I've converted to Showtime. Highly recommend these two shows:

Weeds
    Brotherhood

Unsure if they're now available on DVD.

• Nodoby mentioned Six Feet Under yet? Awesome show...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    BEST SHOW EVER

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    One of the best things about working for HBO is they play ALL the series all day long. Makes the lack of cable @ the house easier to deal with.

Epitafios (Argentina) & Mandrake (Brasil) are both also really good. Mandrake is packed full of some serious eye candy.

where do you work at hbo?
    i just started working on post-production at the sopranos so i stop by the santa monica offices about once a week

• Weeds

this is on DVD. I like it, even though it can get a little "emo"(the soundtrack is horrendous...wimpy mussy haired white boy rock for days). Kevin Nealon is the best part of the show...probably the best obnoxious suburban stoner evar.

six feet under

awesome show...most amazing last episode of any show evar.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

seriously
    nothing better on tv right now
    if you haven't watched it yet, there's a two part "makings of the wire" thing. one is called "the game is real" and i forget what the other one is called. shit made me appreciate the show a lot more than i already did.

anyone ever feel like when they're watching the wire that you think the show is almost over but it's only like 20 minutes in?

• i'm sort of a late pass guy too because i have never had HBO, but i did Deadwood right after the first season came out on DVD and all of Six Feet Under while i waited for the second Deadwood season to come out. The Wire is right around the corner netflix wise and Carnivale and Rome aren't far behind.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

OMAR BACK!

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

Nodoby mentioned Six Feet Under yet? Awesome show...

Serious co-sign Six Feet Under was one of the best things on TV EVER!
    The last episode put me in state like some one I actually knew died...
    Heavy shit.
    Just watched all the Extras episodes On Demand last week Ricky Gervais is a GENIUS!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

OMAR BACK!
    chyeahhhh
    is brother mouzone still around

• i cant really fuck with any of them, other than sopranos.
    luckie louie started off ok, but got way too married with children in a hurry.
    extras isnt bad, but i cant help but think of the office, and how much better it is. and curb your enthusiasm hasnt been good for at least 3 years.
    as for hbo all-time...

• tobias beecher...nuff said

tobias beecher...nuff said

I walked around the suburbs as Adebisi one Halloween.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Weeds is killing everything on TV right now......The best acting by far

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I walked around the suburbs as Adebisi one Halloween.

You are my hero.

... how did you get the hat to stay on?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "Rome" was pretty solid though one strange thing about it is that it jumps ahead by several months (even a year or so) at a time. It makes sense insofar as they're trying to summarize a lot of history into a 13-16 episode arc so if Caesar goes from traveling to Egypt at the beginning of a show to having a child with Cleopatra at the end, well, ok I guess we can accept that we just moved ahead by 9 months in an hour.

That said, I thought the characters were richly developed though I'd like to see where they go in Season 2 (which is most likely to be the last since Rome's ratings have not been good).

This all said, The Wire, The Wire, The Wire.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The Wire........

........is moving very slow this season