MPC Cleaning Advice

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
my MPC is filthy from years of record handling and button touching. theres like black gunk surrounding the buttons and such.anyone able to recommend a safe way to clean it up? considering alot of the dirt is close to functioning parts.-thanks

Comments

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I would recommend some isopropyl alchol on a cotton swab/q-tip for the smaller buttons and for the pads just use the same stuff but with a paper towel.

as far as I know that won't do any harm.. it never affected my mpc in a bad way.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    still living with your moms?

water and rubbing will do the job. maybe some soap. but neutral one. you can open the mpc. no problem. i did it. it's not dangerous or sth. just use some q-tips for nasty dust and dirt.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    still living with your moms?

water and rubbing will do the job. maybe some soap. but neutral one. you can open the mpc. no problem. i did it. it's not dangerous or sth. just use some q-tips for nasty dust and dirt.

thanks

• Yeah thats what i do. just a cloth with some warm water and scrub it down. Then qtip the cracks and shit. If you really want to get up in the pads though, you can take the front off and take the pads out and soak them in a bowl of warm water. Just make sure that the water isnt to hot, you dont want to warp them, and put them back dry as possible. Thats for real grimy shit though. Shit imma go clean mine right now. Ive been neglecting her for a while.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Ive been neglecting her for a while.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    wow

i cleaned it

so fuckng beautiful

i soulda done this years ago