My house got robbed last night

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
My roommates laptop, my other roommates friend's laptop, two iPods, a wallet and probably some other stuff. Luckily, none of my stuff was gone even though I had my laptop on our living room table, my turntables in our backroom, and some digital cameras around the house. We can't figure out if the front door was left unlocked or if he came through a window. Just installed some new locks today on our windows just in case. Someone was crashed out on our living room couch and I think the thief saw him and dashed with what he had in hand. All we know is dude did this sometimes between midnight and 3 in the morning. My and my friends verywell could have been home while he was doing this but my bedroom has a deadbolt lock on it so he never got in or maybe got in and saw us asleep and dashed.I've been putting off getting renter's insurance for a while now. Monday I have to get some.

Comments

• damn that's a bitch. Chin-up man!

• Damn yo. What part of town do you live in?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• invest in a

i have a rot lab mix and crackheads and scumbags shit there pants when they see him. Last night my friend was getting beer at this shady pizza place at like 2am. Im waiting oustide in the car and all of a sudden this crackhead shoves his head in my window and was like 'YO FAM LEMME GET 75 CENTS! CMON FAM!" my dog was in the back and popped up out the window and this degenerate screamed like a girl and went "OOOOOHHHHH FUCK! GET THAT MOTHERFUCKER BACK!!" and ran the fuck outta there. I havent laughed that hard in years.

anyways though get a dog. Better then the sloman shield.

• none of my stuff was gone even though I had my laptop on our living room table, my turntables in our backroom, and some digital cameras around the house.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Agreed. Sounds like an "inside" job. What happened, were the dudes like "Hey guys, we're getting a little too greedy here. Let's leave DJ Eddie Arcadian's gear here."

BTW, I mostly replied to work in a Last Dragon reference.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    the stuff gone is terrible. what's worse is knowing someone was up in your space helping themselve. a serious violation to being human.

i'm sorry this happened!

get a monitored alarm service. even if you rent, you can carry the account from place to place. and yes, renter's insurance is a must.

• I had a robbery like that some years ago when I was in Montreal. They took a mini stereo system, some loose change, a camera, and that was more or less it. CDs, computers, and turntables were left behind. It was clearly the work of some numbskull junkies--I lived around the corner from an infamous dealer--who were too stupid to know what was worth stealing. Life goes on.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    A good thief is like an conservationist, take only what you can carry (inconspicuously).

• He wore sneakers ... for sneaking.

• He wore sneakers ... for sneaking.

• invest in a

i have a rot lab mix and crackheads and scumbags shit there pants when they see him. Last night my friend was getting beer at this shady pizza place at like 2am. Im waiting oustide in the car and all of a sudden this crackhead shoves his head in my window and was like 'YO FAM LEMME GET 75 CENTS! CMON FAM!" my dog was in the back and popped up out the window and this degenerate screamed like a girl and went "OOOOOHHHHH FUCK! GET THAT MOTHERFUCKER BACK!!" and ran the fuck outta there. I havent laughed that hard in years.

anyways though get a dog. Better then the sloman shield.

bloody hell though is everyone on this forum getting robbed or what? You lot got guns aint ya? Why don't you shoot them cunts, murder is legal in the US innit?