Mind melting Bilal video from youtube

Comments

• Wow he is a sav. I know the audience was not in a good way either. He performed in Oakland a couple of months but I was out of town living the rap life. Wifedog says it was sick thoug. I'll catch him eventually. Hopefully he can get that "Love For Sale" album out somehow.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I kept thinking of Tyrone Biggums (Dave Chapelles crackhead alter ego) when I saw this.

Bilal is crazy talented and he is also crazy!

• Wow he is a sav. I know the audience was not in a good way either. He performed in Oakland a couple of months but I was out of town living the rap life. Wifedog says it was sick thoug. I'll catch him eventually. Hopefully he can get that "Love For Sale" album out somehow.

I went to that and yeah it was dope. He was definetly freaking out a little too, but not as a wild as he did on the fucking Jay Leno show. Dude may have fucked-up his career right there.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I think you're blowing it way out of proportion. It just looked like a moderately spirited performance to me; enjoyable to watch--not really that "freaky" or "wild," especially compared to some rock acts.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    It was pretty good, but at the same time it looks like he's trying to be Jimmy Hendrix or something.

• ???I???m gonna sine your pitty on the runny kine???

• I'm thinking more like

• The pootie tang resemblance is funny.

I don't see what Bilal has in common with jimi hendrix? Other than they are Black and... uh, they sing...

But this song is wild old though, this came out when I lived in California. This was the song that I really liked by the dude but he had other heat on that record as well. Some Dilla beats I think?

• Some Dilla beats I think?
    There was one joint on there that featured Common (if my memory serves my right), that Dilla murdered!
    If someone have the track and know what I'm talking about, plaese to upload.

I don't see what Bilal has in common with jimi hendrix? Other than they are Black and... uh, they sing...

But this song is wild old though, this came out when I lived in California. This was the song that I really liked by the dude but he had other heat on that record as well. Some Dilla beats I think?

Yo homie:

I know this may weaken your man-hood but you should check out his cover of Radio Head's "High and Dry". Shit is dope.

Yo homie:

I know this may weaken your man-hood but you should check out his cover of Radio Head's "High and Dry". Shit is dope.

How do you know his "man" has a "hood?"

Kufi slapper?

Herm

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The pootie tang resemblance is funny.

Dude I'm not sure cuz he was starting to lose me but I believe they interpolated a Hendrix track near the end of that performance...

This song was my shit when it came out but I don't know what I'd think if that was the first I saw of him... seemed like he went a little overboard on the Prince angle

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Yo,

Dude was WILIN'!!!!!! Personally, I too think he was a bit over-the-top. What happened to dude? Are the YouTube comments true about cat havin' a drug problem? I found the performance overdone and bizarre. But then again, I love that LP though, and the song is one of my favorites on the album (some ole' Andre Young sickness!!!).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• A friend of mine was on a panel with Talib Kweli at a music conference a few years ago. Talib said that the reason "Waiting for the DJ" didn't get radio play because a lot of industry insiders perceived Bilal as gay.

That may very well have been the case, but it may also have been that radio was fillin' that record in they neck. It wasn't bad, and it was on the heels of his "hit" ("Get By"), but still--an interesting comment.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    first second born had some really great songs but it was way too schizophrenic. it seemed like he (or the suits) couldn't decide if he was on the headwrap & insence tip, a r&b&hop hook crooner or something closer to a bugged out prince type. and rather than merge all three personas, he just kinda jumped back and forth for an hour.

I'd like to hear a second album from him though.

• You didn't listen to Love For Sale?

• A friend of mine was on a panel with Talib Kweli at a music conference a few years ago. Talib said that the reason "Waiting for the DJ" didn't get radio play because a lot of industry insiders perceived Bilal as gay.

That may very well have been the case, but it may also have been that radio was fillin' that record in they neck. It wasn't bad, and it was on the heels of his "hit" ("Get By"), but still--an interesting comment.

That record was wack dude. Another funny thing, Bilal is maaaaaad short. I heard the same thing about D'Angelo as well.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    You didn't listen to Love For Sale?

I remember it leaked. I think I either downloaded it, was unimpressed and deleted it or just never downloaded it at all. Listening to the songs on his myspace, I suspect it's the former.

• You didn't listen to Love For Sale?

I remember it leaked. I think I either downloaded it, was unimpressed and deleted it or just never downloaded it at all. Listening to the songs on his myspace, I suspect it's the former.
    LOL.
    It's pretty much in the same vein as 1st Born Second but not as good.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

???I???m gonna sine your pitty on the runny kine???

LOL !!