Audio Collage Records

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
I like this 45 where samples of various soul tracks where put together in an audio collage answering questions about the Watergate scandal. Post up some examples of other records that use this audio collage style.

Comments

• i have a Genisis interview record where one side is an interview with questions, and the other side is just the answers. it includes a packet of questions so you can pretend like you are interviewing Genisis at home

is that what you are talking about?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    i have a Genisis interview record where one side is an interview with questions, and the other side is just the answers. it includes a packet of questions so you can pretend like you are interviewing Genisis at home

is that what you are talking about?

Here is an mp3 of the impeachment story so you can listen to the audio collage. I've also heard these called "break-in" records.

Steel, Jake and Jeff - "The Impeachment Story"

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts

That one looks interesting. A description for a re-ish on ebay reads:

"Canadian album of over the top exploito-psych via crazed garage organ soul raveups, music concrete/sound effects (car crash noise, effects laden jews-harp, snatches of an inept rendition of 'Winchester Cathedral', etc.), and freakout psychedelia all mashed up together."

nice one. thanks