Fri. 9/15 CPR + McBoing Boing (Wax Poetics) in NYC

crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
edited September 2006 in Announcements
Greetings soulstrutters! tonight at the skinny is another installment of Everybody Get Off! My bi-weekly party celebrating getting off by means of funky music. this week my partner in crime is Robbie Busch aka McBoing Boing...longtime NYC DJ and hardcore record collector...me and robbie have bumped elbows in the crates on many occasions! You can often find him djing at Rubulad...5 am style. also, these days he's a staff writer at Wax Poetics...the best magazine for records and funky music. Expect good tunes! I'll play my usual unusual mix of disco, funk, hip-hop, new wave, electro, etc...all preferably on original 12" vinyl...no CD's in my dj bag. and lp cuts are fine but 12" cuts are finer! Get off work, get off your rocker, get off your seat, get off on liquor, whatever you do just get off! And even better, get off in the mezzanine of the Skinny with NYC's finest funky dj's...every 1st and third 3rd Friday at the Skinny. Friday Sep. 15th @ The Skinny 174 Orchard St. btw Houston and Stanton Lower East Side, Manhattan 10 PM to 4 AM to AFTERHOURS resident dj Duckcomb and guest Robbie McBoing Boing duckcomb playlist: Goldfrapp "Ride on the White Horse" 12" Peter Brown w/ Betty Wright "Dance With Me" 12" on TK Younger Generation "We Rap More Mellow" 12" on Brass Plastic Mode "Baya Imperial" 12" on DiscoMagic Nick Gilder "Hot Child in the City" lp Ali & Frazier "Uptown Top Ranking" 12" Janes Addiction "Been Caught Stealing" 12" Daft Punk "Technologic" Peaches remix 12" John Paul Young "Love is in the Air" 12" ESG "Party Music" 12" patrick/duckcomb/crazypoprock