Today was a good day.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
My morning started off fucked up. Went to the Waffle House after my gig last night (about 4am) and when I tried to leave my car wouldn't start. Luckily my homegirl drove me home, but the whole ride home my mind was tallying up how much I thought my car would cost me. I figured it was the starter, which is hard to get to in my car. ($$$)Well, I got home and crashed out all frustated and shit. [color:white]Homegirl sensed my frustration and took it upon herself to...ahem...get my mind right. First sign that things were looking up.[/color] Woke up in the morning and called my uncle to have him take me to my car so we could figure out the problem. Uncle has his friend J*m - who is a goddamn mechanical genius - meet us at the spot. Dude jumps out the car, takes a look at my battery, "you got a bad connection," grabs some baking soda out his car, cuts open a plastic soda bottle, fills it with water and soaks the terminal cable. Looks at me and says "we'll let it sit for 20 minutes, but in the meantime, what else is wrong with your car?" I tell him my a/c compressor's been out for over a year, but the 4 shops I took it to are trying to charge my ass $1200 to replace it. (My compressor is under the engine so labor alone supposedly costs $900). Dude turns my a/c on, says "bullshit, you got some paper?" and writes down 'R134 Freon & R134 Oil.' Says "go buy this and come by the house later." He reconnects my battery, tests the charge on my alternator and my starter and says those are fine.I get in the car to head to the auto parts store and my cellphone rings. My boy's like "you still looking for Microwave?" I tell him yup and he says the homie DJ *OldSchoolTucsonDJ* has one brand new in the box.........$275.God. Damn.Head to dude's house, sit down and build with him for about a half hour and walk out the house with the Microwave box tucked tightly under my arm. (Building with older DJ's is a FANTASTIC LIFE-IMPROVING EXPERIENCE. I strongly recommend it.)Buy the freon and the oil, in ten minutes J*m determines its NOT the compressor, but rather a clogged filter in the orifice tube *PASUE*. Cleans the shit out, recharges it and my ass is sitting cool in the desert heat.He charged me exactly ONE CASE OF MILLER HIGH LIFE. (And he ain't even Mexican.) Today was a goddamn good day. Now I'm off to buy a $700 laptop.Herm

Comments

• I thought this was gonna be about how you clicked on the Black Planet banner.

Still sounds like a damn good day, though. And you haven't even had to use your AK (yet).

• My morning started off fucked up. Went to the Waffle House after my gig last night (about 4am) and when I tried to leave my car wouldn't start. Luckily my homegirl drove me home, but the whole ride home my mind was tallying up how much I thought my car would cost me. I figured it was the starter, which is hard to get to in my car. ($$$)

Well, I got home and crashed out all frustated and shit.

[color:white]Homegirl sensed my frustration and took it upon herself to...ahem...get my mind right. First sign that things were looking up.[/color]

Woke up in the morning and called my uncle to have him take me to my car so we could figure out the problem. Uncle has his friend J*m - who is a goddamn mechanical genius - meet us at the spot. Dude jumps out the car, takes a look at my battery, "you got a bad connection," grabs some baking soda out his car, cuts open a plastic soda bottle, fills it with water and soaks the terminal cable. Looks at me and says "we'll let it sit for 20 minutes, but in the meantime, what else is wrong with your car?"

I tell him my a/c compressor's been out for over a year, but the 4 shops I took it to are trying to charge my ass $1200 to replace it. (My compressor is under the engine so labor alone supposedly costs $900). Dude turns my a/c on, says "bullshit, you got some paper?" and writes down 'R134 Freon & R134 Oil.' Says "go buy this and come by the house later." He reconnects my battery, tests the charge on my alternator and my starter and says those are fine.

I get in the car to head to the auto parts store and my cellphone rings. My boy's like "you still looking for Microwave?" I tell him yup and he says the homie DJ *OldSchoolTucsonDJ* has one brand new in the box.........$275.

God. Damn.

Head to dude's house, sit down and build with him for about a half hour and walk out the house with the Microwave box tucked tightly under my arm. (Building with older DJ's is a FANTASTIC LIFE-IMPROVING EXPERIENCE. I strongly recommend it.)

Buy the freon and the oil, in ten minutes J*m determines its NOT the compressor, but rather a clogged filter in the orifice tube *PASUE*. Cleans the shit out, recharges it and my ass is sitting cool in the desert heat.

He charged me exactly ONE CASE OF MILLER HIGH LIFE. (And he ain't even Mexican.)

Today was a goddamn good day. Now I'm off to buy a $700 laptop.

Herm

Hell yeah man. You remember the old honda? That thing had a ton of shit wrong with it, mostly major stuff but once in a while a major problem would get fixed with the help of a good soul and a simple qquestion (SERG I SEE'S YA MAN). That car was so damn beat up I coudn't even sell it for $500. I ended up dontating it.

Nice secret message btw.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    that's like a thousand times better than my day today :
    good look on the Microwave, you'll love that shit

• sounds good brah - I found $30 on the street yesterday and was pretty happy bout it, better than a punch in the head nahmean!

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Now THAT is a dope day!

You still pimpin the SUV?

• I thought this was gonna be about how you clicked on the Black Planet banner.

LOL

• Everyone should take at least a beginners auto class. Not trying to be a dick but your problems are pretty simple. In most cases when you try and start a car and it does nothing (doesn't turn over, no clicking, etc.) it's often just a loose battery connection or a corroded connection. If you car clicks a lot your battery may be dying and it doesn't have enough juice to turn the starter. If your engine turns over but doesn't start or is sluggish it could be a starter, bad plugs, bad wires, or a bad/corroded distributor. Almost every car made has a Haynes manual you can buy that explains how to fix stuff.

I learned a lot about cars when I got sick of mechanics taking advantage of me. The last straw was when a mechanic basically charged me $80 to take my car for a joy ride. Said he cleaned out the intake manifold to fix an unstable idle. Turned out one of my spark plug wires had slipped off the distributor. Fucking jackass didn't even bother to look at that. I doubt he even cleaned the manifold.