Axelrod trailer

thewaxbanditthewaxbandit 112 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=david+axelrod&search=Searchapologies if this has already been postedthis was the best live performance i've ever seenpeaceb

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    not a huge fan of the audio recording.....but this looks like something i might need to check out.

• Didn't somebody on here interview him right before this performance?
    Or is that just a scrambled memory.

• I remember someone posted this video and the web site awhile back but the post got removed/ I couldn't find it again. I wanted to know how I could order the dvd. The paypal link on the site just takes u to the paypal homepage.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=david+axelrod&search=Search

apologies if this has already been posted

this was the best live performance i've ever seen

peace

b

Maybe you should get out more, that looked and sounded like ass!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Maybe you should get out more, that looked and sounded like ass!

Tepid.

• Maybe you should get out more, that looked and sounded like ass!

Tepid.

yeah it sounded mad sterile. Ashcrofts singing was terrible and Axelrod seemed like a dick.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    this was the best live performance i've ever seen

This does not sound or look good at all. The sound was flat and the atmosphere and performance seemed very unexciting.

• you're a bunch of negative Normans.

it was amazing.

maybe this would only appeal to those who went to the show? and it sounded pretty fucking good from where i was sitting.

any heads on here who were there?

peace

b

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Ok, I will say this - Axelrod is a dick, but that's just how the dude is. Haven't any of you read interviews with him? He's pretty straight up, which I respect so I have no problem as far as that goes. But...

Ashton Kutcher sounded rather shyte and the least they could have done was get Earl Palmer and Carol Kaye. Without them it's just a poor imitation.

• This does not sound or look good at all. The sound was flat and the atmosphere and performance seemed very unexciting.

Judging the sound and atmosphere of a concert from a shitty Youtube trailer is truly

• We were 3 rows from the front...It was fantastic - My fav track being Tensity (C.Adderley), the only lameness was the vibes played missing his que for his solo on Holy Thursday...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    This does not sound or look good at all. The sound was flat and the atmosphere and performance seemed very unexciting.

Judging the sound and atmosphere of a concert from a shitty Youtube trailer is truly

OK, this is true, and I was thinking the same thing when I wrote it. But still, you have to admit that this trailer doesn't exactly make you go "I gotta have this!".

• you're a bunch of negative Normans.

it was amazing.

maybe this would only appeal to those who went to the show? and it sounded pretty fucking good from where i was sitting.

any heads on here who were there?

peace

b

This was an amazing gig - what's with the negativity ? - did any of those people slagging it off actually go ?

I reckon not. To judge a full on concert orchestra from a video clip is like comparing a thai restuarant to a pot noodle !

I'm looking forward to the Vannier/Melody Nelson next month...ooooh yes....in real life too....woah !

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Sounded like Steely Dan does Axelrod.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    not a huge fan of the audio recording.....but this looks like something i might need to check out.

Yeah, the audio really does not give you any idea of the scale of the sound at that show. It was pretty fucking amazing, and that recording sounds pretty tame in comparison.

• Ashton Kutcher sounded rather shyte and the least they could have done was get Earl Palmer and Carol Kaye. Without them it's just a poor imitation.

• i really don't understand the hate on this,

richard ashcroft's appearance was not that bad and to my memory he only performed that song with the orchestra anyway.

it was an amazing experience.

yeah the performance was very 'clean' but do you guys expect it sound exactly like the records?

peace

b

• it definitely would have been better with a better band. earl palmer, and carol kaye.. but the horn section too- tensity sounded like it was limping along. i really like the originals of these, but damn. not really a fan from what i saw.

• i really don't understand the hate on this,

richard ashcroft's appearance was not that bad

because Ashcroft was bad, but not that bad.

sheesh.