WHO LISTENS TO CLUB MUSIC OUTSIDE OF THE CLUB?

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
OK.. disclaimer. I'm old (30) and a suburban douchebag with two kids and a SUV. I'm listening to a CD mix someone sent me of a live club date. Like Baltimore Club stuff. Seems like it would be good all crunked up on a nice sound system... but while doing tasks on a computer I feel: Who listens to club music while say doing the laundry or studying for a test? Should club music only be played in da club?

Comments

• I LISTEN TO CLUB MUSIC IN MY FUCKIN CAMARRO OVER HEAH.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    What I mean to say is that it has no musical merit other than getting coked up chicks horny.

• What I mean to say is that it has no musical merit other than getting coked up chicks horny.

I listen to stuff like that when I'm working out sometimes.

Do people listen to this music like it's Pink Floyd or U2?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'm old (30) and a suburban douchebag with two kids and a SUV.

Who listens to club music while say doing the laundry

no musical merit other than getting coked up chicks horny.

midlife crisis strut

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    My enjoyment of club music at this point is situationally dependent. There have been lots of new tracks that went right over my head hearing them on the radio or at the crib, but when I heard them out, it's a totally different story. Long gone are the days when I could rock a deep house mix or the like for more than a couple of choice tracks for enjoyment on the solo tip.

I listen to stuff like that when I'm working out sometimes.

True indeed.

• well, as far as the baggy panted white boy contingent goes, I have heard enough boomp-tiss boomp-tiss boomp-tiss of techno/house stuff oozing out of enough Hondas at stop lights to say that folks listen to that club music outside the club...

that project pat song "chicken heads" which was a big club hit here was a huge radio hit in here as well...so if it gets radio play, i am guessing folks listen to that shit all the time.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    ghettotech mix stuff is good to listen to in the car sometimes.

"There's some hoes in this house, if you see one point 'em out..."

Pet peeve alert: Peoples who put club music on...on the way HOME FROM THE CLUB.

• Pet peeve alert: Peoples who put club music on...on the way HOME FROM THE CLUB.

Uggh...I'm not a fan of this practice neither.

well, as far as the baggy panted white boy contingent goes, I have heard enough boomp-tiss boomp-tiss boomp-tiss of techno/house stuff oozing out of enough Hondas at stop lights to say that folks listen to that club music outside the club...

that project pat song "chicken heads" which was a big club hit here was a huge radio hit in here as well...so if it gets radio play, i am guessing folks listen to that shit all the time.

So it's safe to say that this music is optimal for nice sound systems whether it be at the home, club or car.

Anybody listen to club on a clock radio????

• How do you know they're on their way home?

They might be going to the afterparty. And after that, the hotel lobby.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    baggy panted white boy contingent

hmm.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    The3rdstream:

• What I mean to say is that it has no musical merit other than getting coked up chicks horny.

Can you cite some examples of what you'd consider "club music"?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Anybody listen to club on a clock radio????

yup. summer morning listening:

shoulder lean
    i know you see it
    do it to it
    u & dat
    pullin me back
    ring the alarm

wait - is this club music? or is it high school dance music?

What I mean to say is that it has no musical merit other than getting coked up chicks horny.

Can you cite some examples of what you'd consider "club music"?

Stuff Diplo would spin at a club. Don't know the subgenres.

Like I said:

• Pet peeve alert: Peoples who put club music on...on the way HOME FROM THE CLUB.

i will add people who ride solo blasting slow jams with the windows down.

do you need a hug?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Pet peeve alert: Peoples who put club music on...on the way HOME FROM THE CLUB.

do you need a hug?

That's me, dude. Although most of the time it's like the Delfonics and shit.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    yeah, i blast all types of shit out the car. but when the ipod hits a club track, i usually turn it down or close the windows. i aint really trying to be the dude rockin out to house music in the middle of the day with the windows down and all.

i will add groups of mean-mugging dudes blasting slow jams with the windows down out the window of a RAV 4.

do you need a hug?

Dude....what's your problem with Faux_Rillz?

I listen to club music in the car when I don't have anything else to listen to and I need to know what's hot. Otherwise, I think it's kind of ridiculous wanting to listen to shit you can hear almost any minute of the day.

I mean who the fuck goes home and puts on "Gold Digger"?

do you need a hug?

I was at the gas station the other day and this family pulled up with two litte kids in the back and the music was out of control fucking loud. It was a Tuarus or some shit and everthing it it was rattling from the bass. I sounded like an amplified fart. Now if people want to destroy their own hearing thats cool, but don't fuck up your young childrens hearing. WTF. Parenting licence revoked. Fucktard shit eaters.

• meshmesh 925 Posts

I mean who the fuck goes home and puts on "Gold Digger"?

do you still play that in the club? does anyone listen to that song anymore?

• Yall dudes hating on slow jams at loud volume probably ride the fucking bus. You probably need some trim too.

I STAY blasting oldies. Only way to roll.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm listening to house music right now.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    I'm listening to house music right now.

yeah, but are you in your car?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    We all know that I can and will POST ON A MESSAGEBOARD from my car.

do you need a hug?

That's me, dude. Although most of the time it's like the Delfonics and shit.

i was referring to the guys who LEAVE THE CLUB blasting slow jams, as if to say, hey baby, you need a man with sensitivity...now why don't you come over and lemme put this key in your ignition.

• I'm saying though holmes. I blast some Delfonics on the way TO and FROM the clurb.