Jungle Jim's (Food Related)

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Just saw a clip about this Grocery Store in Cinncinati and it looked Is this place the shit or did the clip overhype it.Looked like you could buy any food from anywhere.Good food digging is second only to record digging.Ohio food heads plaese to drop some knowledge.

Comments

• this place is the real deal...insane produce section, GIGANTIC international foods section, over 1000 kinds of hot sauce...not to mention the animatronic characters, the fucking MONORAIL (is it running yet?), christ I don't even remember what all they got in that place. And the prices are pretty good, when I lived in Cincy Sharyl and I would do our grocery shopping there every week. DEFINITELY a must see if you're in the area.

• ECHO EVERYTHING HAMMERTIME SAID! A staple of all my return trips home, I am sad that my parents have moved and I won't get to go back. It may be the best tourist attraction in Cincinnati, and I'm not even joking. If you are in the area, GO!

You have no idea how happy seeing this thread, started by someone in TX, no less, made me.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    the place is indeed .

my holmeses john doe took me there a few years back on an errand for his father. their produce dept is insane. basically every major country has their own section of the store (massive) and you can pretty much find any foreign food item you desire.

if i remember right it was about 20-30 mins outside of cincinatti. worth the trip.

• I live 2 1/2 miles from Jungle Jim's, yet I don't do my main grocery shopping there. That store is huge! Much larger than the Bigg's that I go to weekly. The seafood section, the meat section, the international section, the German candy section, the liquor section...it's all unbelieveable. I could go on and on, but it is definitely worth checking out, take my word for it. You could spend hours in there...and if you go on Saturday - it's all about free samples, dun!

Last time I went there, I was just tagging along with my wife (who's English and only wanted to buy some PG Tips tea) and I ended up throwing $50 worth of meat, fish, cheesecake and assorted Filipino snacks into the cart. I'm not allowed to tag along anymore.

Btw, I was on a mission to purchase eggplant for my father, and ended up buying the wrong kind. Never heard the end of it from Cas.