NEED INFO on CD DUPE,PRINTING,INSERTS,DESIGN,ETC

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
I'm need to know where yall get yours done at and how much it runs $$$$$$$$quantity wise..either 1000 or 5000 at a time..so basically, who do yall use for your...-CD Duplication-Thermal Printing on the CD-Slim Cases for the CDs(common plastic kind)-UV coated glossy inserts(cd cover)-artwork/design/graphics,etc........as well as all your other printing needs(fliers,posters,blah blah blah..you get the idea)I'm sure some of you dont just use ONE person to do everything I listed, but I am basically just trying to see what kinda deals yall get..or to be more blunt-how much do yall pay for that shit? I am trying to find the cheapest route(s) of course, and I know a lot of you would know where the hot deals are..'so if you have some tips for me, PLEASE(!!!) holla back at me on the handy ol' Sidekick on AIM-name is "ComeCleanDesign"....or a reply here would do if you dont wanna go the AIM route(although AIM would sorta be preferred if possible). I know how yall Strutters are when it comes to shit like this(full of knowledge and willing to share), so i'm hoping to get some good information and leads. Thanks for really real,Heath SweatPS: Hopefully there will be some !!!! I surely need it!!

Comments

• hmm..they seem pretty expensive just by glancing at the "quotes" section of the site. Do you use them?

• also, it appears they dont offer just slim cases(which im looking to use)..only the thick normal jewel cases. In fact..this company seems to target customers wanting to get their album printed up(w/ all the frills and shit) as opposed to the "mixtape style" customer...
    follow me?

• http://www.depthcharge.com/cdfront.html

really good prices and really quick turnaround. Highly recommended. Quality.

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    Ey, I run a place called SAMO media and we do all of the things you mentioned. We're Toronto based and handle all things CD DVD 7" and 12".

You can either check out www.samomedia.com and look at some of the pricing information (in Canadian dollars), or if you'd like to send me an email (paul@samomedia.com) I could write you back with an itemized quote.

Few things I'll need to know in order to quote accuractely: how many colours on the CD face? How many panels/pages would you like your insert to be (typical is a 2 panel which opens up like a birthday card)? And...full colour on the oustide/black and white inside, or full colour in and out?

thx
    paul miller.
    SAMO - 416.425.6631