Tribe Called Quest tonight in SF...(guilt related)

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
So a homegirl had a pair of tickets to see ATCQ tonight in SF. I kinda of slept and didn't get the pair. I've been told you can still cop tickets.My dilemna is that I'm really not that motivated to go and see them. This is kind of a hard thing to admit becuase really no other groups/artists/whatever has had a bigger impact on me them those 3 dudes. I feel even worse knowing that this probally the last time they'll perform, I have the money for a ticket, and I don't have any gigs tonight/have a night off.Fuck...AHH MAN DAMN!Am I just tripping.......a part of me wants to go and break my promise of staying in tonight and making music

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Just go. What's the harm in playing a little "name that tune".
    Youll probably pop in the cd anyway. I do understand your gut feelin though.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    GO SEE THEM!!!!! I saw them on their last tour with the Beastie Boys in 98 and they were dope!

• GO SEE THEM!!!!! I saw them on their last tour with the Beastie Boys in 98 and they were dope!

damn! well I went on the ticketmaser site and I wasn't allowed to purchase tickets. So no way am I going to Berkeley (30-ish minute drive just to maybe get shut-out). Plus I just ate a gang of shrimp and rice so I'm kind of in a slight food coma.

and Yo chan...98 WAS A LONG TIME AAAAAaaaaaaggggoooooooooooo

'98

• '98

yeah man I can't believe it's almost been a decade. I'm starting realizing that a lot of music that had an impact on me post golden-era is close to a decade old. Shit just today I saw Goodie Mob's first CD and I read the liner notes "1996"

fuck..

• boffo-

get on yer bunny suit & lets go. if theres no more tickets, im sure we can find some other trouble to get into.

dont be

I'm starting realizing that a lot of music that had an impact on me pre golden-era is close to a 3 decades old.

• You should stay home and make beats. That's the best way to spend a Saturday night.

• they would be proud.

• You should stay home and make beats. That's the best way to spend a Saturday night.

man i just sit for like 2 hours and didn't make jack shit....fuck it's only like 9:40 Cali.

GeoffBelafonte:

I see you.....I need to make something. I haven't made a beat in a like a month. We'll get up tomorrow morning for waffles or something.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I need to make something. I haven't made a beat in a like a month.

I have several beat requests out there, and I've been chillin'.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• '98

yeah man I can't believe it's almost been a decade. I'm starting realizing that a lot of music that had an impact on me post golden-era is close to a decade old. Shit just today I saw Goodie Mob's first CD and I read the liner notes "1996"

fuck..

Tell me about it... My friend and I do this live trivia thing where we ask a question, play a song and people have the length of the song to turn in an answer. They bet points and at the end of the game the team with the best score wins money. Well, for the halftime question we had a visual question where there were pictures of 5 album covers that had titles including the word "sex" in some form in them. The covers were altered so you couldn't see the titles. One of the albums was "Sex Packets" by Digital Underground. The team this guy I know plays with didn't get it right and I talked to them afterwards, saying "You didn't know Digital Underground? It's not *that* old!" but the guy had no clue at all... I realized the guy is 21 and when the album came out he was *six*. I remember when the album came out and 'The Humpty Dance' blew up and "Sex Packets" was a huuuge deal, and now kids today don't even know of the album. I felt really old that night.

• '98

fuck..

Tell me about it... My friend and I do this live trivia thing where we ask a question, play a song and people have the length of the song to turn in an answer. They bet points and at the end of the game the team with the best score wins money. Well, for the halftime question we had a visual question where there were pictures of 5 album covers that had titles including the word "sex" in some form in them. The covers were altered so you couldn't see the titles. One of the albums was "Sex Packets" by Digital Underground. The team this guy I know plays with didn't get it right and I talked to them afterwards, saying "You didn't know Digital Underground? It's not *that* old!" but the guy had no clue at all... I realized the guy is 21 and when the album came out he was *six*. I remember when the album came out and 'The Humpty Dance' blew up and "Sex Packets" was a huuuge deal, and now kids today don't even know of the album. I felt really old that night.

is that 'stump' brand pub trivia?

played more than my fair share of that...ah, the 'cambridge rod and gun club'.

• I need to make something. I haven't made a beat in a like a month.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    beatmaker/producer's block sucks.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I need to make something. I haven't made a beat in a like a month.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    beatmaker/producer's block sucks.

Actually, it is more of a lack of motivation (fatigue after work-related). It's tough having a career and doing music on the side. It must great to be able to devote full attention to making music.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• How was it?

• How was it?

found my friend in my kitchen this morning when I woke up who immediately got in my face (literally) to tell me how amazing/satisfying/gratifyin/last inna lifetime the show was for him. he loved it. berkeley community theater...gotta love it

• I would've totally gone

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I would've totally gone

Yes sir! They played here last weekend in Seattle and I would have gone but I was already working at another show for the day

• How was it?

found my friend in my kitchen this morning when I woke up who immediately got in my face (literally) to tell me how amazing/satisfying/gratifyin/last inna lifetime the show was for him. he loved it. berkeley community theater...gotta love it

i'll pretend i didn't read this post b/w I hope your rooom mate is full of it and just got into rap 3 years ago.

and just to clarify i didn't make shit last night.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I would've totally gone

Yes sir! They played here last weekend in Seattle and I would have gone but I was already working at another show for the day

Noz said they had male scrippers at the recent show he attended.