Lee Hazlewood

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
I think that the musicians backing up Lee Hazlewood on some of his recordings are the real producers and musicians behind the Partridge Family. In particular I'm thinking that Home (I'm Home) sounds just like a Partridge Family song. Any thoughts?Its all out of Bakersfield, right?

Comments

• After exhaustive intraweb research i have discovered that both "Lee Hazlewoodism its Causes and Cures" on which Home (I'm Home) appears and "The Partridge Family Album" credit Billy Strange with the arangements.

• you're having a conversation with yourself dude.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    pretty sure Lee was in LA and or NYC, not Bakersfield before he moved to Sweden.

• You obviously don't understand the significance of this discovery.

I have succesfully combined the ultimate hipster with the ultimate squaresville using only the power of my ear! Its a fucking bionic ear to make a connection like that.

Billy Strange arranged literally TONS of music in the 60's/70's. This is not a surprising discovery.

• IF YOUR NOT INTO TODD RUNDGREN YOUR EAR IS BASICALLY SHIT. ALL THE BRAZILIAN RECORDS IN THE WORLD WONT CHANGE THAT.

I thought you guys called him "RUNT".

• Billy Strange arranged literally TONS of music in the 60's/70's. This is not a surprising discovery.

I will not be denied.

• Dude Dudeoferson

• Dude Dudeoferson

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Hazelwood is most famous for his collabos with Nancy Sinatra, which is not a super-hip artist IMO (Some Velvet Morning is my shit though)