Music to mow your lawn by

CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Cot damn, I let that shit get too long this month and with my self powered reel mower, mowing is a bitch when the grass is too long. Electric Lady Land got me through though. I swear sometimes with the right music work doesn???t feel like work. I worked construction a bunch of summers as a teenager and sometimes the only way to get through a hard day was music. What gets yall through a day of hard work?Burning of the midnight lampThe morning is deadAnd the day is tooThere's nothing left here to greet meBut the velevet moonAll my lonelinessI have felt todayIt's a little more than enoughTo make a man throw himself awayAnd i continueTo burn the midnight lampAloneNow the smiling portrait of youIs stll hangin' on my frowning wallIt really doesn't really doesn't bother me too much at allIt's just the, uh, ever falling dustThat makes it so hard for me to seeThat forgotten ear-ring laying on the floorFacing coldly toward the doorAnd i continueTo burn the midnight lampAll aloneBurnLonely lonely, yeahLonely lonely lonelyLoneliness is such a, dragSo here i sit to faceThat same old fire placeGettin' ready for the sam old explosionGoin' through my mindAnd soon enough time will tellAbout the circus and the wishingwellAnd someone who will buy and sell for meSomeone who will toll my bellAnd i continue to burn the midnight lampAloneDarlin' do you here me callin' youSo lonelyLonely!

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    When I was in high school I had a tape that had the Replacements Hootenanny and half of Sorry Ma, I Forgot to Take Out the Trash on one side and Big Audio Dynamite's B.A.D. on the other. That would at times do the trick while pushing the mower.

When I spent a summer during college doing manual labor for a fence company, it was often the classic rock station that got me through...Neil Young, Jimi Hendrix Canned Heat, Jethro Tull, Steely Dan, etc.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• When I spent a summer during college doing manual labor for a fence company, it was often the classic rock station that got me through...Neil Young, Jimi Hendrix Canned Heat, Jethro Tull, Steely Dan, etc.

Yeah, this was the kind of shit we would listen to by default because most of the old timers couldn't stand anything current. Howard Stern in the morning and classic rock in the afternoon. The only problem with those stations is that they always play the same shit. Stairway and Satisfaction are ok and all but there are a lot of other good songs out there. They always play the same damn songs.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    i feel you dude. i have been mowing my moms lawn for the past couple of months, and i usually stay on top of it. but i fell off for a couple of weeks, and that last bit of rain fucked me. i mowed it yesterday and that shit took forever!

but for me, ipod on shuffle always does the trick. yesterday i was feeling old 3 6, some disco cuts, some new shit i got off digiwaxx, and some 90s hip hop.

• i feel you dude. i have been mowing my moms lawn for the past couple of months, and i usually stay on top of it. but i fell off for a couple of weeks, and that last bit of rain fucked me. i mowed it yesterday and that shit took forever!

Yeah all that rain really fucked me up too.

• Donna Summer

"She works hard for her money, so you better treat her right"

My old lady cuts the lawn. Right on.

SONIC

• My old lady cuts the lawn. Right on.

My old lady just started grad school full time so I am officially the house bitch and the yard bitch.