So I forgot my control records tonight...

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
...and am mixing just using internal mode.

Comments

• I hope your using the records for effect. Disc Synching.

Sorry for the tough luck, damn

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    ...and am mixing just using internal mode.

yet another reason to always have a pair of backups (a drunken becky busted one of mine a few weekends back). but i've never really messed w/ internal. are you able to easily beat match?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    drunken becky

ADD ONE TO THE LEXICON
    MEN OF THE SQUARE SOULSTRUT TABLE

• yeah, actually it's not too bad, and good practice. just using the BPM counter in the decks and my ear. then there's the little slider next to the pitch control so you can nudge it faster or slower to keep it on beat.

it was funny cause the bartender and his roomie have Microwave, and they offered to get their records for me, but then when they heard me they were like "ok, this sounds pretty good, we'll see how long you can go"

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yeah, actually it's not too bad, and good practice. just using the BPM counter in the decks and my ear. then there's the little slider next to the pitch control so you can nudge it faster or slower to keep it on beat.

it was funny cause the bartender and his roomie have Microwave, and they offered to get their records for me, but then when they heard me they were like "ok, this sounds pretty good, we'll see how long you can go"

rad

• yeah, and I'm learning all kinds of things about this program now. scrubbing and cue points in full effect!

• internal mode is kind of cool... i had to cover for my friend who was sick at his lame ass gig at a raw bar ( ) a few weeks ago, and i decide to try it just for the fuck of it since it didn't matter if i really sounded good or not... it's not nearly as hard to mix as i imagined, as long as you have your shit bpm'd and cue points set... i wouldn't use it in a club situation, but i'm glad i took the time to mess with it a little in case of emergency

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    cover for my friend

didn't matter if i really sounded good or not

• ...and am mixing just using internal mode.

my dumbass has done this 2wice now.

• cover for my friend

I've only heard my man spin once but I'm confident that his "didn't matter if I really sounded good" is better than most peoples' "but I was really trying hard."

• scrubbing

how does this work?

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    scrubbing

how does this work?

i think he is talking about just grabbing the waveform with the mouse and moving it back and forth.

• cover for my friend

i don't get it

• scrubbing

how does this work?

i think he is talking about just grabbing the waveform with the mouse and moving it back and forth.

exactly. or you can grab the white arrow on the small waveform and move it to any part of the track.

The hot shit i discovered is next level function of the cue points: if you hold down the shortcut key for a cuepoint (for example "1" for the 1st cue on the left deck) the deck plays back and then snaps back to the cue point when you release the key. real good for checking your beatmatch before you drop the track in.