Favorite Version "You've Really Got A Hold of Me"?

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
i cant yet decide. theres the beatles, zombies, animals, and many others.lets at least name em.

Comments

• Miracles

• Miracles

no doubt.

loved Smokey doing it on Sesame Street, with the giant U chasing him, though.

• Smokey Robinson & The Miracles

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I don't know, only the Zombies version can make this grown man feel like "cuddling".

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I don't know, only the Zombies version can make this grown man feel like "cuddling".

true that. That shit'll melt a yetti's nutsac

Smokey's OG ain't no slouch either

• Definitely the OG, but something about the Beatles belting it out of their register, and the way you can tell it kind of brings them together in the midst of the shitty recording process in "Let It Be" is quite a nice moment.

• i know it's cool to name the most obscure/unlikely shit possible on this board, but come on you can't f with Smokey...the man's voice is like butta.

and it's "ON" me, not of me!

• i know it's cool to name the most obscure/unlikely shit possible on this board, but come on you can't f with Smokey...the man's voice is like butta.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    OG is my favorite, but I do have a soft spot for the Beatles take on it.

• Derrick Harroitt's version is a pretty cool reggae take on the tune.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Derrick Harroitt's version is a pretty cool reggae take on the tune.

is there any song this dude didn't make a cover of

seriously casn someone post DH's versions of PMTWGR and YRGAHOM

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I like the version that's on the Standing In The Shadows of Motown DVD. I'd write the ladies name, but there's no way I'd be able to spell it & I'm too lazy to look it up. The OG is probably my fave though.