Beyonce "Listen" publishing info needed

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
If anyone can help me find the publishing info for the Beyonce track "Listen", it is a bonus track on the new album and unfortunately has no info on the CD jacket. this is work related and any help is appreciatedthanks

Comments

• Seeng as most of her stuff seems to go through ASCAP, you need to give them a ring, their internet search brings up nada under Listen, so I suspect it hasn't been updated yet.

• i work at a copyright clearinghouse and can tell you that this song is still so new that the licensing info isn't even out there yet. Apparently, this track is also going to be used for the soundtrack to the film DREAMGIRLS... so that may have something to do with it.

in any case, if you REALLY need the publishing info... what i would do is: call Sony/ATV Music Publishing which handles most publishing for beyonce knowles as a composer (Beyonce Publishing (SONY))... if you call and ask them for their copyright dept., they should be able to set you straight... unless it's changed, the number for Sony/ATV is (310) 449-2100. good luck.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    crossings good looking out. It seems like we aren't the only people looking for this info, and everyone I call keeps telling me that the song is too new and info isn't out yet. I'm calling that number right now

• no prob, man... i have to find shit like that every day and can't stand when these publishers can't keep their online catalogs up-to-date... i've got a list of shit i'm still in need of info on... and in some cases not even the publishers know what's going on. i hate having to get on the phone... i'd much rather just look it up online at ASCAP/BMI/SESAC/WC. publishers have gotta stay on top of their catalogs... they're making OUR jobs [making them money] hard on us.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    no prob, man... i have to find shit like that every day and can't stand when these publishers can't keep their online catalogs up-to-date... i've got a list of shit i'm still in need of info on... and in some cases not even the publishers know what's going on. i hate having to get on the phone... i'd much rather just look it up online at ASCAP/BMI/SESAC/WC. publishers have gotta stay on top of their catalogs... they're making OUR jobs [making them money] hard on us.

f'rills here I am with several thousands of dollars to throw at them for several seconds of use on a song and no one can get their game straight enough to have me feed them all this money

straight up frustrating