Common sense, decency and cooperation

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Thirty-five years ago, Marvin Gaye brought What's Going On to a nation torn by war, ecological disaster and poverty. Now, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans natives The Dirty Dozen Brass Band reworks the political classic in their own signature style to pay tribute to the Crescent City and make a plea for common sense, decency and cooperation.[/b]
That's the statement that accompanies the new Dirty Dozen Brass Band album. While a portion of proceeds from the cd will be donated to the Tipatina's Foundation, please note precisely what these New Orleans natives are making a plea for.

Comments

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Huh?
    Why should they have to plead for the very things people should do for one another?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Huh?
    Why should they have to plead for the very things people should do for one another?

Exactly the point.

But it's not only a point, it's an actual plea.

Having previously presented an almost-identical plea to people on this board (albeit in my own signature emotionally-charged, confrontational manner), it's been treated as too abstract to be taken seriously.

But the need for common sense, decency and cooperation remains.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I don't get it. When I ask people on here to make donations to charities to benefit New Orleans you say its wrong and condescending but when others do it, it moves you so much that you make a thread asking people to participate in a project that donates to charity?

is it the act of charity that turns you off or the face of the person doing the act?

• Huh?

Exactly the point.

But it's not only a point, it's an actual plea.

Having previously presented an almost-identical plea to people on this board (albeit in my own signature emotionally-charged, confrontational manner), it's been treated as too abstract to be taken seriously.

But the need for common sense, decency and cooperation remains.

but not charity right, oh wait they are give proceeds to charity, so...dude you are so fucking confusing.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I don't get it. When I ask people on here to make donations to charities to benefit New Orleans you say its wrong and condescending but when others do it, it moves you so much that you make a thread asking people to participate in a project that donates to charity?

is it the act of charity that turns you off or the face of the person doing the act?

I never said that giving to charities is wrong. I said that it's not enough.

But I also recommended some local-to-NOLA organizations that could use contributions.

Plus Dirty Dozen is just selling cd's...as is the norm for them. They aren't asking for donations. They have merely given up part of their revenues from the cd to a charity of their choice. What they are specifically asking you to do first and foremost is to get your mind correct...which you obviously have no interest in doing.

So yes, with that established...I do hate your face attached to anything NOLA-related.

• Robert - I like what you're saying here.

But the correct phrase is "I hate you and your ass face."

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

All faces that do not belong to Shied ultimately turn him off.