Ebay Seller Pet Peeve "The Negotiaion"

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
As a seller on ebay I don't seem to have as many problems as some. Most of the folks I deal with are reasonable, pay on time and are very courteous.BUT.....I do have one major pet peeve about some customers.....and if this is you....CUT IT OUT!!!!!I sell about 1,500 LP's a year on ebay.....I grade as well as I can visually and if there is some question I'll listen to the LP and grade it. But I'm the first to admit that one might fall through the cracks or my Mint- might be your VG+++.So my policy is to offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee....if you're not happy with the LP send it back and I'll refund ALL of your money in the same form that you paid it in.But about once every 60 days or so I get the customer I refer to as "The Negotiator".Usually they first complain about the condition and I always immediately respond with an apology and the 100% guarantee. Then I get...."Oh no, I want to keep the LP just refund half my money".......these "Negotiations" have ranged from 75% to 25% refunds....with one guy sending at least 7 notes attempting "renegotiation".I believe that a couple of them might have been legit....but I KNOW that at least in a few cases this is just the M.O. of the buyer as they have tried it on other sellers I know.Only one has actually sent the LP back to me and I had indeed mis-graded it. Some sellers are sleazy.Some buyers are sleazy.Eff the "negotiator"

Comments