eBay shipping prices?

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
So I'm getting back into the game with selling vinyl on eBay. I haven't since 2002, when I unloaded a grip of wax before my move to NY.What is the standard price for shipping vinyl these days? I'm so used to shipping CDs

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    $6 priority
    $4 media
    $12 international

the standard

• It will actually cost you $6.05 for a standard LP with padding to the west coast - that's before your supplies.

Japan/Australia will run you more than $12.

I do $7 US (Priority), $12 Europe, $13 Japan/OZ.

If the person is in the Northeast I usually will bump down the shipping charge because it ends up only being $5 not including supplies.

I don't know why this shit is so complex and annoying but it is

G-A-S + the government is treating the postal service like a money making cash cow because of "cash flow" problems (see: Iraq)

PS I conduct my business similarly to what J*nny is saying. It was nice in the good old days to charge a flat rate for priority across the US.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    So maybe something like this?

US: $7.00 priority for one record, .50 for each additional record. Europe: $12.00 US airmail for one record, $2.00 for each additional record. Japan & Australia: $13.00 US airmail for one record, $2.00 for each additional record. Canada: same price as US for airmail delivery.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    The Post Office hasn't made a profit in years--why do you think Lance Armstrong's team got cut?

The post office made a profit this year and is projected to continue doing so.

USPS financial history

You're right--they have turned a modest profit in past years. But the United States gets most of the money for the war in Iraq by loans with favorable rates from China and Japan's central banks, not from the general budget.

Debts need to be made up in other arenas. That's why they raised the stamp rate, and they most likely will raise it again. People need to send stuff, even with the internets.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    So maybe something like this?

US: $7.00 priority for one record, .50 for each additional record. Europe: $12.00 US airmail for one record, $2.00 for each additional record. Japan & Australia: $13.00 US airmail for one record, $2.00 for each additional record. Canada: same price as US for airmail delivery.

this looks right on.

Debts need to be made up in other arenas. That's why they raised the stamp rate, and they most likely will raise it again. People need to send stuff, even with the internets.

Most definitely to agree.