taste czech

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
harvey asked on some, so now its my turn.I bought these yesterday but have no set up to listen to them on til I get fully moved into my new placeplease let me enjoy the music through the comments of real headsthnaks paece

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

FANTASTIC!!! TASTY!!! one of my all time favorites.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    summertime is my favorite. but EVERY song on the real thing is good. which is rare!

• The Real Thing = 1 tracker but it's a hellofa track

That Pleasure record is pretty nondescript but you're into that sound so you might find something worthwhile in it.

Fashionwise, decking your album cover with a bust of yourself is ALWAYS a good look.

• summertime is my favorite. but EVERY song on the real thing is good. which is rare!

I heatily endorse this...whatever. you know the rest. good pick up.

• hahaha total disagreement. EXCELLENT!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    According to my experience...the Pleasure album is good enough to keep on your shelf over the course of many years, but not distinctive enough to ever have reason to listen to it.

• hahaha total disagreement. EXCELLENT!

its not an album i sit down with the cover to carefully learn each song name. its a great album to put on and crack a book to, though. not too obtrusive...

• Yeah I can't really dig Diz singing so I generally take it off after "Matrix".

I really like Portrait Of Jenny though - solid end to end.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

MIKE LONGO MAKES IT HOT.

• Yeah I can't really dig Diz singing so I generally take it off after "Matrix".

portrait of jenny is in my "I pulled it because i'll be getting rid it but i'll check it out one last time" box.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Yeah I can't really dig Diz singing so I generally take it off after "Matrix".

whoa Dizzy sings? I'm fearing that.

the fashion check is really whats up.

Pleasure phallic nuclear cover is so neccasary

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yeah I can't really dig Diz singing so I generally take it off after "Matrix".

whoa Dizzy sings? I'm fearing that.

the fashion check is really whats up.

Pleasure phallic nuclear cover is so neccasary

Didn't Dizzy sing quite a bit back in the day? Like during the bebop era even?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

MIKE LONGO MAKES IT HOT.

That record is cool. I think there might be one or two other decent tracks besides Matrix on there. Mike Longo's version is good too.

HUZZZAAAAH!

• Besides Portrait of Jenny and The Real Thing, did Dizzy release anything else on Perception?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Besides Portrait of Jenny and The Real Thing, did Dizzy release anything else on Perception?

He had at least one other Perception album that was very early 70's straight ahead sounding. I forget the title though.

HC:[/b] re:Dizzy singing I can remember him singing the words slaty peanuts or something, but never actually doing some real sangin'

• HC:[/b] re:Dizzy singing I can remember him singing the words slaty peanuts or something, but never actually doing some real sangin'

dizzy was a great scat singer during his bop era ...
    he also sings on few cuts on his "jambo caribe" album from 63 or 64