What's Really Cooking? (myspace related)

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Got a friend request from these guys earlier this week. Perfect for those that are into Hiphop and Cooking. :noironichipstercarpetbageury: I for one hope these guys get their show off the ground.. What's Really Cooking?

Comments

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    doesnt Mass Appeal or Vice or something got something like that already?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    doesnt Mass Appeal or Vice or something got something like that already?

word? a for real show? i dunno but foodnetwork is definitely lacking in the 'hiphop cookery' show dept..

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    damn, this is awesome..

awesome I tell ya

• "If you smell fish and it smells like fish, then you know it's old"

For real.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Good idea, but I dont think Hip Hop as spawned any specific cuisine.
    So the chef delivers the recipes in Ebonics?
    Green Apple Jolly Rancher crusted Pork loin?
    I do think cats need to step their kitchen skills up and not be afraid to floss the Santuko Chef Knife.
    One of the sister DJ here in NYC was on Emeril's Show throwing around her recipes.
    She brought along Remy Ma and Emeril made them a Green Apple Martini. Shit was nice too see.
    Dont get me started on cookin'!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I had an idea where you cook/show recipes while you discuss music w/ whomever guess artist was on the show. Jerk Chicken while the chef talks to MF DOOM about his MMMFOOD LP.
    Charlie Rose meets Martha Stewart meets Ramsey Lewis.

• Green Apple Jolly Rancher crusted Pork loin?
    LOL!!!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I AM FEELING THIS

• the hip-hop cooking television show is all good and well, but there is more projects that dude has... when I saw the photo on the myspace site, I knew homie looked familiar. He had a article in Mass Appeal or Elemental or something a few months back on a diffrent project - Guns 4 Cameras.

He gives kids in New York a chance to exchange thier guns for video production equipment. He holds regular workshops on how to operate the cameras and etc etc. That's next level to me..

http://www.guns4cameras.org
    http://www.myspace.com/aimtolive