No threads on the Fiddy vs. Diddy Beef?

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
You guys are slippin.This shit could get good. Puffy is asking for it right now. Dude is begging for it in fact. Look at his new squad! Young Joc? Dannidy Kane? Cassie? And they're getting some burn too! Im hating! Hating like it was 1999 and puffy's on the godzilla soundtrack. Please, hes so wack somebody call him out quickly! I mean, is rap so spineless anymore that you can fucking do proactive ads and no one will even have the decency to clown you for it? 50 cent on his A-game is still probably the most interesting thing going on in rap music today. He sounds hungry again, hes had a few setbacks, I bet the new shit wont just be another victory lap like the massacre (which apart from the singles, was pretty good anyways). Outside of young buck, G-unit looks like its in sorry ass shape, the game needs 50 right now worse than ever. More than it needs a new jay-z album, more than a new nas record, 50 needs to drop some shit and get things hot again.

Comments

• 50 cent on his A-game is still probably the most interesting thing going on in rap music today.

that's the saddest thing i've ever read. RIP hip hop, after watching the VMAs last night I've decided I blame Master P for all of this.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    50 cent on his A-game is still probably the most interesting thing going on in rap music today.

that's the saddest thing i've ever read. RIP hip hop,

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    50 cent on his A-game is still probably the most interesting thing going on in rap music today.

that's the saddest thing i've ever read. RIP hip hop.

Ditto. I find calling for a new 50 Cent album to revive hip hop like asking Larry Flynt to write a book on morality to strengthen American values.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    50 better do something or his new album will ship...respectable-at-best numbers.

Massacre was garbage.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    50 better do something or his new album will ship...respectable-at-best numbers.

Massacre was garbage.

It was uneven, but it was not garbage:

"In My Hood"
    "Ski Mask Way"
    "Ryder Music"

Actually, I would expect you to be a "Candy Shoppe" apologist.

This is silly, though.

• after watching the VMAs last night I've decided I blame Master P for all of this.

Stop, Hammertime.

• This is sillier:

the game needs 50 right now worse than ever...more than a new nas record

And there actually already was a Fifty vs. Puffy thread - some dude even posted audio. But somehow it's hard to get worked up over multimillionaires having hissyfits at one another.

"You're not keeping it real, my boy. Check the bling."

"Just keep calling me Daddy. I'm so icey."

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    The game does not need a new Nas record.

Massacre was garbage.

It was uneven, but it was not garbage:

"In My Hood"
    "Ski Mask Way"
    "Ryder Music"

Actually, I would expect you to be a "Candy Shoppe" apologist.

Candy Shop was trash dude. I don't like all pop, I just don't dismiss it all out of hand. All the singles from that album were trash, the only thing that redeemed it was the Game singles he basically wrote alongside his own.

I like the three songs you listed plus "Baltimore Love Thing" but that album is really mostly garbage.

I thought the beat to "Window Shopper" wasn't bad.

And there actually already was a Fifty vs. Puffy thread - some dude even posted audio. But somehow it's hard to get worked up over multimillionaires having hissyfits at one another.

Not even 50 cares... he just wants to drum up interest in the Banks record. Does anybody really believe that he actually still wants to put out a Mase project?

• i like diddy and am impressed with his flow in "come to me". haters.

That whole soundtrack was good, except for the Yayo and Mobb Deep tracks, which were both so bad they made me uncomfortable.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    the end is near
    the demise of hip hop parallels the decline of western civilization and then spreads like a template plauge to poorly educated ,poorly nourished folks who watch too much TV /hollywood propaganda

the end is near
    the demise of hip hop parallels the decline of western civilization and then spreads like a template plauge to poorly educated ,poorly nourished folks who watch too much TV /hollywood propaganda

Good god.

Could you please take this somewhere else?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    the end is near

Good god.

Could you please take this somewhere else?

This is like watching an oncoming tidal wave.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

That whole soundtrack was good, except for the Yayo and Mobb Deep tracks, which were both so bad they made me uncomfortable.
    Best by far were the MOP joints. Who knew they would sound so great with 50 choruses?

• after watching the VMAs last night I've decided I blame Master P for all of this.

Stop, Hammertime.

AHAHAHAHAHA!