sex offender map (tell your girls to be careful)

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
so i found out a registered sex offender lives next door to me by using this watchdog tool. you should check out your address too or the addreses of your girl just to be safe. you'd be surprised how many are close, especially if you live in a metropolitan click hereand enter your street address... it will show a "house" in the middle of the map (keep zooming in if you can't see it), that's your house... all the little colored boxes are registered Sex Offenders (red = pedophile yellow=rape, etc)... click on them and you get a name, address & picture of the person along with his crime...

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    boyz too!
    there was a local case that broke a year ago or so where the offender's name was actually mispelled in the registry and people suspected him but there was nothing. dude gave a kid the bad touch and got arrested later on.

• schitt lewd and lacivious behaviour with a below 14-yr old three blocks from my folks' place. dude is 240 lbs also so I prolly won't be confronting him.

• shit I couldn't even see my apt. because it was under a green square! dude was convicted of an "other offense" and lives a block away. scary white dood.

• schitt some of these folls live right next to schools (denoted my the x boxes)...

• Young boys are in as much danger. A friend of mine ran a group every week for men who had been abused as kids. (he was a counsellor and had experienced abuse as a child). A lot of these guys where in their 30's and it was something they may never get over.

Let everyone in your area know where they are and they may be forced to move on if enough people heavy them. If any of those fuckers lived near me I would do a door knock and let them know if they stepped out of line I would fuck them up.(I am 250lbs and have done martial arts for 10 years so I can make myself look pretty intimidating)
    Why dont they create a town in the middle of nowhere with basic services (Australia has plenty of deserted places) where they can all live and keep them away from children.just basically isolate them and shoot anyone who tries to leave.
    I know from doing youth work the damage that sexual abuse does long term to young people. There has been a few cases recently in Australia where sex offenders have been living 100m from schools. There has also been a few cases where some have been discovered living in rural communities and have been run out of town (Mob rule)

• sometimes i feel sorry for them. i know that sound crazy. i remember when this castrated predator was released and he had to move 4 times cause there were people outside his house nonstop yelling so he and his gf would leave. i couldn't help but feel sorry for him, even though. maybe the castration thing and his pathetic & desperate demeanor played a part in that. i'd probably feel differently if i was a mother though

i still think it's important to know. i'm not scared but i'm happy i know what dude looks like, at least.

• sometimes i feel sorry for them. i know that sound crazy. i remember when this castrated predator was released and he had to move 4 times cause there were people outside his house nonstop yelling so he and his gf would leave. i couldn't help but feel sorry for him, even though. maybe the castration thing and his pathetic & desperate demeanor played a part in that. i'd probably feel differently if i was a mother though

i still think it's important to know. i'm not scared but i'm happy i know what dude looks like, at least.

It's natural to have some pity for people that get picked on but these people have done some pretty heinous stuff. Most probably deserve the treatment they're getting. I might agree that someone who did something fucked up 20 years ago when he was 18 years old might not deserve this treatment but I also think the only reason a lot of these people aren't repeating their crimes is because these programs keep them on their toes. Just remember that someone out there has suffered at their hands and will continue to suffer for the rest of their life because some fucker couldn't keep his dick in his pants or his hands to himself.

I'm all for turning the other cheek and I don't think I'd actively persecute an offender but I'd certainly be wary and I'd guarantee you I'd change my tune if I ever have kids.

• Scary and alarming. My neighborhood which is supposed to be in the bad part of town has 2 offenders in a 10 block radius. My work on the other hand, is located downtown and has 8 rapists and 7 other offenders also in a 10 block radius. There is a concentration of 4 rapists in the 4 blocks that I work in.

The really messed up thing is that there are more homeless shelters than housing in this area of town, so most of these guys are probably wondering the streets when Im locking up the bar at 3 am. And a few of them arent scary old men but dudes in their 20's.....is good to know. Good lookin out.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    sometimes i feel sorry for them. i know that sound crazy.

It's not crazy. I could definitely understand that after seeing The Woodsman. But feeling sorry for them and wanting to give them a second chance are two different things. I feel convicted predators should be monitered as closely as possible at all times. Living next to schools? Hell no.

• sometimes i feel sorry for them. i know that sound crazy.

I feel convicted predators should be monitered as closely as possible at all times. Living next to schools? Hell no.

Thats the problem.. all of them aren't child molesters. My buddy is on there, in college he was caught messing around with some broad by her boyfriend, real late, all of them drunk, who the hell knows what really happened, basically shit that goes down on any given night in any given college town. Charges pressed, etc..

So now my friend is on the same list as some fuck who molested children? I dunno about that.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    sometimes i feel sorry for them. i know that sound crazy.

I feel convicted predators should be monitered as closely as possible at all times. Living next to schools? Hell no.

Thats the problem.. all of them aren't child molesters. My buddy is on there, in college he was caught messing around with some broad by her boyfriend, real late, all of them drunk, who the hell knows what really happened, basically shit that goes down on any given night in any given college town. Charges pressed, etc..

So now my friend is on the same list as some fuck who molested children? I dunno about that.

Mabye he raped her? And then was charged with rape?

Sex Offenders are a pretty scary bunch. If i had kids this site would terrify the fuck out of me.

If your boy was wrongfully convicted, that sucks. But that doesn't change my stance. Child molestor or not, I don't see any reason to allow convicted sex offenders live next to schools just because they might be safe.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I looked up my folks place and a guy was convicted of doing something lewd and lascivious with a child less than 14. He lives two blocks from their house and across the street from my old elementary school. Shit.

• there are FOUR, yeah FOUR peder asses with a mile of where i live in merced, calif.

i find this technology a little bit scary though. for instance i'm reminded of the 2000 election felon list when they had thousands of names that weren't felons on it.

• If your boy was wrongfully convicted, that sucks. But that doesn't change my stance. Child molestor or not, I don't see any reason to allow convicted sex offenders live next to schools just because they might be safe.

no doubt, but when do people pay for their crimes??? that's always the crux of the question to me for as much I my preference to castrate them and keep it moving, I also feel you can never let them forget the damage they did and should never have peace regardless.

Thats the problem.. all of them aren't child molesters.

this map is pretty specific and uses different color codes for rape, offenses against children, sexual battery and other offenses

It's not crazy. I could definitely understand that after seeing The Woodsman.

i haven't seen this. is it good? i'm kinda scared to.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The fucked up thing is that they're probably the way they are today because they were abused as kids. It's a perpetuating cycle. Very sad. It's easy to feel very sorry for these dudes and at the same time feel disgusted.

Also, someone I know is a "sex offender" because he was caught taking a piss behind a school. Seriously. Dude is fucked.

• The fucked up thing is that they're probably the way they are today because they were abused as kids. It's a perpetuating cycle. Very sad. It's easy to feel very sorry for these dudes and at the same time feel disgusted.

I was thinking the same thing. My parents used to take in foster kids and we had one kid who had been abused by his father and grandfather. He was only 10 and he could not be left alone with other children because he would touch them. This kind of shit is a vicious cycle.

Thats the problem.. all of them aren't child molesters.

this map is pretty specific and uses different color codes for rape, offenses against children, sexual battery and other offenses

A bunch of them in my area were convicted of endangering the welfare of a child. Can't you get that for like getting drunk in front of your kids (which is pretty bad, but not a sex offense)?

• Man......DC is littered with offenders. It's like a quilt.

• I'm saying... look at NYC. I was ready to learn about offenders littering my neighborhood, but surprisingly there's only, like, 3

• Why dont they create a town in the middle of nowhere with basic services (Australia has plenty of deserted places) where they can all live and keep them away from children.just basically isolate them and shoot anyone who tries to leave.

attitudes like this kinda scare me. i mean rapists, murderers, drunk drivers, a lot of criminals have had profound, life-long effects on their victims, that doesn't mean we round them all up and stick them out in the middle of nowhere. i agree with reasonable measures like keeping these people away from schools but i don't think it's fair to completely isolate them from society, especially since like many others have mentioned not everyone on a list like this is equally guilty.

and i CERTAINLY wouldn't be knocking on someone's door to harass them if i don't know them and their background.

• Why dont they create a town in the middle of nowhere with basic services (Australia has plenty of deserted places) where they can all live and keep them away from children.just basically isolate them and shoot anyone who tries to leave.

attitudes like this kinda scare me. i mean rapists, murderers, drunk drivers, a lot of criminals have had profound, life-long effects on their victims, that doesn't mean we round them all up and stick them out in the middle of nowhere. i agree with reasonable measures like keeping these people away from schools but i don't think it's fair to completely isolate them from society, especially since like many others have mentioned not everyone on a list like this is equally guilty.

and i CERTAINLY wouldn't be knocking on someone's door to harass them if i don't know them and their background.

I think we should round them all up and move them in nextdoor to Hammertime.

• they already are next door...it's part of life, you can't just throw everyone that scares or offends you in a camp and "shoot them if they try to leave". i am however 100% in favor of chemical castration, so what do i know.

• they already are next door...

you live next door to Funky16 Corners?

HEY-O!

they already are next door...

you live next door to Funky16 Corners?

HEY-O!

I feel sorry for your wife.

• sex offender lists are pointless. Paedophiles are one of the few breeds of criminal who can be legitimately identified as such by appearence alone.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    sex offender lists are pointless. Paedophiles are one of the few breeds of criminal who can be legitimately identified as such by appearence alone.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Anyway pleasantly surprised how few their are in my area.