daz 'so so gangsta'

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
despite the cover, i anticipate this album will be on some real, all i need, and weekend, which i heard for the first time on the radio today, are all certifiable...also according to wiki, 'boyz n tha hood' will be included, which, taking a trip down memory lane, was the topic of my first ever ss post, and a just a dope song in general.coming out the gate with 4 out of 4 songs is so so gangsta

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    despite the cover, i anticipate this album will be

on some real, all i need, and weekend, which i heard for the first time on the radio today, are all certifiable...
    also according to wiki, 'boyz n tha hood' will be included, which, taking a trip down memory lane, was the topic of my first ever ss post, and a just a dope song in general.
    coming out the gate with 4 out of 4 songs is so so gangsta

I am eager to hear it.

What's wrong with that cover? Paisley suspenders are how real gangsters are supposed to do it when they get older.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Can't wait. One of the most underrated producers out there. You'd think doing half the songs on All Eyez would be worth something to people but ...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Can't wait. One of the most underrated producers out there. You'd think doing half the songs on All Eyez would be worth something to people but ...

True that he has produced good songs in the past, but does he still do production? If I remember correctly there were no Daz productions on the recent Dogg Pound album.

True that he has produced good songs in the past, but does he still do production? If I remember correctly there were no Daz productions on the recent Dogg Pound album.

No, which was weird... my guess is that there's something in his contract with So So Def that prevented him from contributing beats.

He did do "Live My Life" on T.I.'s Urban Legend, which was one of the best tarcks on there.

No, which was weird... my guess is that there's something in his contract with So So Def that prevented him from contributing beats.

He did do "Live My Life" on T.I.'s Urban Legend, which was one of the best tarcks on there.

"Live My Life" was the joint. We need a self produced Daz album. A Daz & Battlecat album would be nice too.

"Live My Life" was the joint. We need a self produced Daz album. A Daz & Battlecat album would be nice too.

That's what I'm saying--hopefully he's saved his best schitt for himself and will include it on this album.

And plaese to keep it gangsta--I don't want to hear any of these strictly for the ladies joints.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    He's produced a bunch of shit lately for guys on his label, I think Murder Dog gave him some producer's award at the end of 2005.

He's produced a bunch of shit lately for guys on his label, I think Murder Dog gave him some producer's award at the end of 2005.

Plaese to list some of these productions and artists. Thank you.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Plaese to list some of these productions and artists. Thank you.
    http://www.dpgrecordz.com/

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    ooh ooh

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    also this is less than promising - http://xxlmag.com/online/?p=4165
    mainly because of the hook and the jd-age.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Daz dropped "Gangsta Crunk" last year, thats the LP I heard.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    and that cover reminds me of

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

one of my favorite back cover

Daz's rhymes are

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

one of my favorite back cover

OH SHIT I forgot about that. What album was this?

Also, anyone got a good quality MP3 of Daz "California"

My shit. The car he drove in that video is still my dream car. Electric blue Monte Carlo SS T-Top with Datons.

• ScottScott 420 Posts

It looks like DJ Quik didn't get the memo that this party requires formal attire. No athletic wear, please.

Penthouse Players Clique

Crazy name as well.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Penthouse Players Clique

Crazy name as well.

THAT'S who it was. Nice.

• That record is classic shit. Can't front on the brawny man moustache.

That record is classic shit.

It didnt get alot of burn out here on the EAST. And this was during the WEST takeover. I copped it when it dropped. But i cracked the vinyl, but kept the cover 'cause of the image. I need a new one. Got Milk?

• Nah son. That record is dumb tough to find.

It didn't really do much on the west coast either, it was definitely more of an underground thing. I wish I still had my cassette. I've never found a full LP - just a 6 song EP I think.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Daz's rhymes are
    He has his moments though, like the aforementioned "My Life" off Urban Legend.

Daz's rhymes are

Name an MC who doesn't have his moments?

Daz's rhymes are

Talib Kweli

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Daz's rhymes are

His better moments are better than many other's 'better moments'

MCs who don't have moments = most rappers who ask me to be their friends on myspace.

Daz's rhymes are

His better moments are better than many other's 'better moments'

MCs who don't have moments = most rappers who ask me to be their friends on myspace.

Deej, we need a resounding pronouncement such as "His better moments are an 8.5 on an absolute scale! Holla!" in order to break free of this trap of roundabout relativism of "The moments when he is better than when he is not so good are better than the moments when certain other rappers are better than when they are not so good" that we seem to be slipping into.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I will go one further and say his verse on "My Life" is a resounding 9.5

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    ooh ooh

Am I the only one who thinks that title is ridiculous?

• No - I too thought it should have been "Dogg Schitt".