i can't stop fucking with this

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
YOU'RE LOVE IS LIKE COCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINEThat song along with "So in love" and there remake of "Electric Relaxation" are getting non-stop rewinds. and "Runnin'" ...man I can't explain how retarded that song is. Really the concept of the track is so stupid it's brilliant (no ironic hipster bageuring)That shit is waaaaaaaaaay better than this

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    POST PLAESE

• I thought this post was gonna be about that bidet wand you bought me.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i need this in my life

• hey herbs:

you can download it for free from bigvon.com (according to Hermsauce, Big Von is a huge backpacker. He might be the reason why you hear "ro cocaine flow" by De la and Doom on regular rotation.

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    I've been listening to the Intro and Running for the last couple weeks, good stuff

• it's all about "so in love" and the joint afterwards. and did 9th wonder make the beat for "Cocaine"...seriously it really sounds like it.

don't let that scare you herbs.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    jake one made rock cocaine flow homie!

• HamHam 872 Posts
    I Go =

• sergserg 682 Posts
    man I've been jamming that and Southern Smoke 28, but that's mostly just cause Project Pat on track 14. fucking shit do I need a new project pat album in my life

• The Team has put out a couple of really good mixtapes. People who dig Go-Fessional, should also check out the Team's Go Music and (especially) Taj Mahal's Planet of the Bathing Apes ("Soul Glo"! "Ghost Ride"! "Monkey Mouth Bitch"!). Their first CD, Negro League, was pretty consistent, too.

And, yeah, I've heard that

Big Von is a huge backpacker.

KMEL's playlist is generally super-fucking narrow (basically nothing but R&B and Bay and ATL rap), but I keep hearing Murs album tracks on KMEL Saturday nights, which I assume is Von's doing.

• The Team has put out a couple of really good mixtapes. People who dig Go-Fessional, should also check out the Team's Go Music and (especially) Taj Mahal's Planet of the Bathing Apes ("Soul Glo"! "Ghost Ride"! "Monkey Mouth Bitch"!). Their first CD, Negro League, was pretty consistent, too.

KMEL's playlist is generally super-fucking narrow (basically nothing but R&B and Bay and ATL rap), but I keep hearing Murs album tracks on KMEL Saturday nights, which I assume is Von's doing.

Von is a backpacker for real but you can only push that format so much on KMEL. Actually this whole crop of hyphy rappers used to be on some hip hop shit 5 years ago (Team, Fab, Balance, etc.)..

• awallawall 673 Posts
    The Team has put out a couple of really good mixtapes. People who dig Go-Fessional, should also check out the Team's Go Music and (especially) Taj Mahal's Planet of the Bathing Apes ("Soul Glo"! "Ghost Ride"! "Monkey Mouth Bitch"!). Their first CD, Negro League, was pretty consistent, too.

Von is a backpacker for real but you can only push that format so much on KMEL. Actually this whole crop of hyphy rappers used to be on some hip hop shit 5 years ago (Team, Fab, Balance, etc.)..

didn't federation come up with the likes of hen boogie or something? i could be mistaken.

i'm digging the abuse of reverb on this mixtape.

didn't federation come up with the likes of hen boogie or something? i could be mistaken.

Doonie from Federation, Rick Rock and Big Lurch (dude flipped out on sherm and literally ate a girls lung ) used to be Cosmic Slop Shop. They were signed to MCA in the late 90's. The album was cool but I don't think it ever came out.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    (dude flipped out on sherm and literally ate a girls lung )
    woah

• I keep hearing Murs album tracks on KMEL Saturday nights, which I assume is Von's doing.

Yup. Supposedly, dude's a big MF Doom fan, too.

Herm

• (dude flipped out on sherm and literally ate a girls lung )
    woah

Yeah I thought whoever told me about that was lying but i read a article in the la times about it.

• (dude flipped out on sherm and literally ate a girls lung )
    woah

damn, that's the wildest, most awful shit i have ever heard.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yeah man, I remember reading about that too. Shit is crazy.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    (dude flipped out on sherm and literally ate a girls lung )
    woah

damn, that's the wildest, most awful shit i have ever heard.

Yall dont know about big lurch? After i heard that shit i had to start checking for him.

• Taj Mahal's Planet of the Bathing Apes ("Soul Glo"! "Ghost Ride"! "Monkey Mouth Bitch"!).

i did a thread on that and got crickets.

i'm digging the abuse of reverb on this mixtape.

wow my man said "Hen Boogie". Hen Boogie from the Derelix's? He's been kicking it around San Jose releasing break mixes and deejaying at the Cardiff. My man occasionally talks to him.

The Team > almost every bay group/artist.

• Yeah i've been on a cd frenzy as of late:

I've been seeing J.Period's name for a while but just recently I finally got to hear one of his joints (a co-worker slid me his "Lauryn Hill" cd). What i like about this ,like the Lauryn, is that it's reeeeeeeeeal comprehensive and mixed so well. Alse the dude went the extra step with some dope blends and tracking down some real hot exclusives (Fuckin Consequence has some real winners on this one and the Common joint where they flip Skull Snaps and Boogie Down Bronx ). The dude even shows his backpack by throwing some on point scratches in the cd.

Also everyone knows Kanye is the shit but once you sit down and hear about 60 minutes of his beats and collaborations it really drives the idea home. I forgot how raw the beat for "The Takeover" is.

How are J.Period's other tapes? Specifically the Nas & Kane joints.

• Yall dont know about big lurch? After i heard that shit i had to start checking for him.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

reeeeeeeeeal comprehensive and mixed so well

• TSGTSG 274 Posts

reeeeeeeeeal comprehensive and mixed so well

THE BEST OF THE ROOTS ONE HE PUT OUT RECENTLY IS SOLID.