Turf PAP - Brings the Hood

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
His album from last year was probably my favorite and I know this is a "put my homies on" kind of deal but this was rather disappointing. I've only listened to it a few times but the only song that really caught my ear was Turf Talk Iz Back. Anyone else pick this up?

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Yeah, I still dig it, but Turf's not the same without the Rick Rock beats.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I like it...my joints on there are

Don't Get 2 Pieced
    Turf Talk Is Back
    Throw It In They Face Turf
    Real Hood
    Kabinet Gang(this is my fave EASILY)

The rest of the album is good but not great...and Down The Block is just annoying.

I think the Sik Wit It Umbrella album was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. That album has some real heaters on it.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Most of the beats on his last record were not rick rock... did you listen to the same album?

Sav Out, Bitch I'm Platinum, The Soil, Bundle Bush, Hubbarock, etc. were other dudes.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Most of the beats on his last record were not rick rock... did you listen to the same album?

Sav Out, Bitch I'm Platinum, The Soil, Bundle Bush, Hubbarock, etc. were other dudes.

Yes, I realize that, I just didn't want to look up how to spell Pharmeceuticals, or whatever. Most of them sound more like the Rick Rock style, though, than the tracks on Brings the Hood.

• go ahead and give me the late pass stamped on my forehead...but I aint heard Turf Talk(I dont think at least). Can someone make it happen?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Can someone make it happen?

I think these folks can sort you out on that

• Can someone make it happen?

nah..ever since I was arrested there for shoplifting Stakes Is High..I try not to fuck with Best Buy. Thanks anyways.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Can someone make it happen?

I was arrested there for shoplifting Stakes Is High..

How ironic.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Just to show how hood I am, I bought both of his albums at Sam Goodys because that was the only place I could find them.