Bumpshop ft. Jason Perlmutter @ NYC-APT *Sat, 9/9*

maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
edited August 2006 in Announcements
Next weekend.Jason's gig w/ us last year was pretty cotdamn special. This year's should be just as good. More details to come.Peas,Chairman Jefferson Mao

Comments

• This coming weekend. And here's the skinny on this month's very special guest:

Chapel Hill, North Carolina's prodigious Jason Perlmutter just might be the funk 45 scene's best kept secret south of the Mason-Dixon Line. Already an authority on soul recordings from the Carolinas at 25 years of age, Jason maintains both the extensive carolinasoul.org website and an acclaimed radio show (on Chapel-Hill's WXYC) dedicated to the finest funky stuff ever to come out of his home state. As anyone who caught his last Bumpshop appearance can readily attest, Jason's live sets are similarly impressive, spanning everything from tried and true deep funk classics to exclusive modern soul masterpieces - all guaranteed to inspire super-dynamite dance floor activity.

Nuthin' could be finer!

Friends, colleagues & other interested parties PM me this week for comp list akshun.
    -Mao

• This is gonna be a good one for sure - I wish I could be there for it. Jason is still finding insane records in the Carolinas!

• This coming weekend. And here's the skinny on this month's very special guest:

Chapel Hill, North Carolina's prodigious Jason Perlmutter just might be the funk 45 scene's best kept secret south of the Mason-Dixon Line. Already an authority on soul recordings from the Carolinas at 25 years of age, Jason maintains both the extensive carolinasoul.org website and an acclaimed radio show (on Chapel-Hill's WXYC) dedicated to the finest funky stuff ever to come out of his home state. As anyone who caught his last Bumpshop appearance can readily attest, Jason's live sets are similarly impressive, spanning everything from tried and true deep funk classics to exclusive modern soul masterpieces - all guaranteed to inspire super-dynamite dance floor activity.

Nuthin' could be finer!

Friends, colleagues & other interested parties PM me this week for comp list akshun.
    -Mao

I need to get back up to NYC sooooooooon

• Bump. Tomorrow night.

• 2nite.

• pretty cotdamn special

indeed.

• Thanks to all who repped last night. Jason really did his thing.

Next Bumpshop: Saturday, October 7th. Very Special Guests: Gabriel Roth & Neal Sugarman of Daptone Records. Details to follow.