The loathsome Coach K

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Yesterday I read a piece in the New Yorker that detailed his calculated humiliation of Duke's then-incoming president, Richard Brodhead, in the summer of 2003 by delaying until the day after he had made his decision to stay to share it with Brodhead, and now this morning I read about him hating on the one (yes, the one) Gilbert Arenas: "I think I was the only person he didn't talk to the whole time we were out there."

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    "I'm going to be the silent assassin this year," he said. "I can't wait to play the Suns and Portland. Against Portland, Nate McMillan, I'm going to try to score 100 in two games and against D'Antoni, I'm going to score 100 in two games. I'm going to try."

Maybe if Arenas actually was the silent assassin, he'd get more respect. He always has a puss look on his face and he stands out as a complainer in the NBA of all places. He's even bitter with his jersey selection ("0").

• That's hilarious bro. What the fuck has Gil Arenas done? I hate the "Dukies" and all that but "the loathsome one's" body of work speaks for itself.

Gil Arenas = soft shell crab

• Yesterday I read a piece in the New Yorker that detailed his calculated humiliation of Duke's then-incoming president, Richard Brodhead, in the summer of 2003 by delaying until the day after he had made his decision to stay to share it with Brodhead, and now this morning I read about him hating on the one (yes, the one) Gilbert Arenas:

"I think I was the only person he didn't talk to the whole time we were out there."

ehh. he's obviously more talented than dudes like brad miller, but they have enough superstars and are looking for role players. remember, allen iverson wasn't even selected on this time. so if anyone should be bitching...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I thought this thread was going to be about flying coach. Then again, being a lawyer, I guess you wouldn't know to much about that....

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Gil Arenas = soft shell crab

Exactly. He's also the kind of whiny jagov who could score 50 points in a game and complain that he didn't get a chance to score 52. If you need to imagine that you've been insulted in order to motivate yourself, Gilby, go for it. Just don't expect the rest of us to throw you a fuckin' pity party.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    That's hilarious bro. What the fuck has Gil Arenas done? I hate the "Dukies" and all that but "the loathsome one's" body of work speaks for itself.

Averaging 29 points >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all collegiate athletic accomplishments ever

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    That's hilarious bro. What the fuck has Gil Arenas done? I hate the "Dukies" and all that but "the loathsome one's" body of work speaks for itself.

Averaging 29 points >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all collegiate athletic accomplishments ever

The juvenile jpeggery of a disgruntled lacrosse player?

• That's hilarious bro. What the fuck has Gil Arenas done? I hate the "Dukies" and all that but "the loathsome one's" body of work speaks for itself.

Personal accolades/stats team accomplishments Championships

Personal accolades/stats team accomplishments Championships

Style >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all else

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

The juvenile jpeggery of a disgruntled lacrosse player?

Man I don't even know what Lacrosse is? First, I thought it was those $80 Izod shirts. But it's really just some grass hockey for dykes. They do it in Baldimore, but I was always on the Dundalk side. Carry on.

• Championships[/b]

*cough*MAVERICKS*cough*

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i always hated coach K....(gratuitous duke hate)

• Championships[/b]

*cough*MAVERICKS*cough*

NOT PERTINENT TO THIS ARGUMENT AND BLATANTLY PERSONAL.

Basketball is a toy sport anyway. Where my football fans at?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I don't even know why they hired him as coach for Team USA. He obviously hasn't been able to enforce his college style of play.

Championships[/b]

*cough*MAVERICKS*cough*

Uh-uh... the debate is about to take a detour from detached glibness into pure and tender emotion

• I don't even know why they hired him as coach for Team USA. He obviously hasn't been able to enforce his college style of play.

I think it was more about a mentality than a style of play.

The US should never win less than First in basketball in any international competition. Any coach that can restore that is decent in my book.

• Championships[/b]

*cough*MAVERICKS*cough*

Uh-uh... the debate is about to take a detour from detached glibness into pure and tender emotion

Haha. Not w/ football around the corner.

You're good though. I feel like you have looked into my soul. GEt out of there please.

• Besides, JP, YOUR team comes after our scraps in a last-ditch attempt to climb up to mere *respectability*.

• Besides, JP, YOUR team comes after our scraps in a last-ditch attempt to climb up to mere *respectability*.

Don Nelson isn't your scraps at all; he was originally the Warriors' coach, and as far as I'm concerned merely took a break to help YOUR team save itself from extinction.

Ah, how soon we forget.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Where my football fans at?
    I'm right here, dog!

What's good w/ the Auburn v. LSU game?
    What shall we wager??
    Records???
    Cash????

Don Nelson isn't your scraps at all; he was originally the Warriors' coach, and as far as I'm concerned merely took a break to help YOUR team save itself from extinction.

Ah, how soon we forget.

Naw, he had a (albeit brief) stopover at the Knicks so he was once-removed.

I'm not trying to hate on Nellie. I love that cat. Just sayin bro...YOU'RE A WARRIORS fan. Getting swept in the Finals would be a wet dream for y'all.

Ah, how soon we forget.

I'm not trying to hate on Nellie. I love that cat. Just sayin bro...YOU'RE A WARRIORS fan. Getting swept in the Finals would be a wet dream for y'all.

That's not the point - I'd be happy to get swept in the first round of the playoffs.

The point is that a Mavericks fan shouldn't be talking to anyone about "championship play"...

Ah, how soon we forget.

That's not the point - I'd be happy to get swept in the first round of the playoffs.

The point is that a Mavericks fan shouldn't be talking to anyone about "championship play"...

LOL. Dood we're all fans here. It's not like any of us are actually hoisting the trophies. Slow your roll. If anyone on this board has played a professional or collegiate sport and won a recognized championship, please to step in and son us all. Otherwise it's all grist for the mill.

You're letting your petty side show man. Does it bring y'all that much pleasure to twist a knife into a two-month old wound on lil' ol GP?

• If anyone on this board has played a professional or collegiate sport and won a recognized championship, please to step in and son us all.

PAGING YUICHI!

• The point is that a Mavericks fan shouldn't be talking to anyone about "championship play"...

BESIDES MR. SALTY RECORD DEALER, I MERELY POSITED THAT CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE BETTER THAN INDIVIDUAL ACCOLADES. I DIDN'T PRESENT A 12-POINT FUCKING PLAN ON "HOW TO". Y'RE TOO EAGER.

If anyone on this board has played a professional or collegiate sport and won a recognized championship, please to step in and son us all.

PAGING YUICHI!

Don't make him get a big head like Jason's kidd.

• If anyone on this board has played a professional or collegiate sport and won a recognized championship, please to step in and son us all.

PAGING YUICHI!

That was a deft cross-thread reference. Bravo!

If anyone on this board has played a professional or collegiate sport and won a recognized championship, please to step in and son us all.

PAGING YUICHI!

That was a deft cross-thread reference. Bravo!

Thankyou.

As you may know, I can't take credit for that one (nor would I want the bad karma)--it belongs to Fat Joe, who I recall seeing sitting in the designated Kidd family seating area with Joumana and T.J. during the '03 Finals.

One wonders what T.J. did to alienate F.J.--was there perhaps some disagreement over who got the PSP next?

• Where my football fans at?
    I'm right here, dog!

What's good w/ the Auburn v. LSU game?
    What shall we wager??
    Records???
    Cash????

You don't want none of this. 'Dem Tigers gon' break it off in some WAR EAGLE arse. I hate Tubberville and Auburn soooo damn much. It all goes back to them dancing on the "Eye of the Tiger" at mid-field. I can't wait 'til the 16th.

What do you want to do? I'm game for whatever. WE still got some time.