WHEN DID THIS START HAPPENING (eBAYR)

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Attention!We have determined you are trying to contact an eBay member with whom you are not currently involved in an open transaction. For the protection of the eBay community, we sometimes block these types of communication. To prevent this occurrence from happening in the future, we recommend the following: * If you are a seller, respond to all bidder questions before the auction ends. * If you are trying to contact the seller of an item that has not yet ended go to the item page and click the ???Ask seller a question??? link. * If you are the winning buyer of an item go to your My eBay page under the items I???ve Won section. Click the action drop down menu and choose the ???contact seller??? action. * If you are a seller trying to contact your wining buyer, go to My eBay and under the Items I???ve Sold section, click the action drop down menu. Choose the ???contact buyer??? action. * Reply to seller/bidder through personal email provider (if the sender has not hidden their email address).Thank you for your understanding.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    they care

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Attention!

We have determined you are trying to contact an eBay member with whom you are not currently involved in an open transaction. For the protection of the eBay community, we sometimes block these types of communication. To prevent this occurrence from happening in the future, we recommend the following:

If you are a seller, respond to all bidder questions before the auction ends.

If you are trying to contact the seller of an item that has not yet ended go to the item page and click the ???Ask seller a question??? link.

If you are the winning buyer of an item go to your My eBay page under the items I???ve Won section. Click the action drop down menu and choose the ???contact seller??? action.

If you are a seller trying to contact your wining buyer, go to My eBay and under the Items I???ve Sold section, click the action drop down menu. Choose the ???contact buyer??? action.

Reply to seller/bidder through personal email provider (if the sender has not hidden their email address).

Thank you for your understanding.

I got this message the other day when I was attempting to contact
    the high bidder on one of my auctions WTF?
    I just wanted to make sure this joker with 6 negative feed-
    backs out of ten total was a serious bidder...
    Is that so wrong?

• That's really weird, I haven't had that happen to me yet and I just contacted a handful of buyers who I didn't have any ongoing transactions with.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    That's really weird, I haven't had that happen to me yet and I just contacted a handful of buyers who I didn't have any ongoing transactions with.

The weirdest part about it was that Ebay would let me contact other members with
    whom I'd never been in a transaction with, but not a member who was currently the
    high bidder on one of my active auctions!? Maybe it was just some crazy glitch...