Another mp3 player thread (no ipod)

bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Whats up y'all. Alright, so recently I lost my pogo mp3/wma player and i need to buy another one. It was mad useful, because it had a 1/8 cable line in and a installed microphone as well. When you would record line in, it recorded it as a wma file so the quality was pretty rad. I could record live sets with it even and it sounded great. Do you all know of anything that has all of these capabilites?No ipod or mini disc nothing please.thanks.

Comments

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    You might want to check out an ipod or minidisc.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    the magic eight ball say's

"hell no sucka"

Actually found this. it's looking pretty promising.

Only thing is that it doesn't have a sd card expander.

magic eight ball

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
    Whats up y'all.

Alright, so recently I lost my pogo mp3/wma player and i need to buy another one. It was mad useful, because it had a 1/8 cable line in and a installed microphone as well. When you would record line in, it recorded it as a wma file so the quality was pretty rad. I could record live sets with it even and it sounded great.

Do you all know of anything that has all of these capabilites?

No ipod or mini disc nothing please.

thanks.

I can't say enough about my Iriver H140. Here are some features:

40 gig hd

16 hour battery life

read as external hard drive by PC or Mac w/o extra software. Just drag n drop.

superior sound to Ipod

analog and optical ins and outs

records to .wav files (up to 75 minutes) or .mp3s (32 to 320 kbps)

plays mp3, wav, wma, and ogg.

FM tuner

A>B button for looping

adjustable play speed

filetree navigation

comes with an awesome LCD remote and an external mic (internal mic built in)

usb 2.0

The recording is unbelievable. I record all my bands' rehearsals and gigs with it.

They're about $400 for the 40 gig and $300 for the 20gig.

I got mine from www.advancedmp3players.co.uk and there may be some left, if not check ebay or www.misticriver.net. It also come in 20gig (H120). They are not being made anymore, however, they've been replaced with the new model...

The new model (H320/340) has a color screen and can view pics and videos, but doesn't come with a remote or mic, and there are no optical ins and outs (only analog) and it only records to .mp3, not .wav. Still a killer machine, though.

It also has the ability to record from the FM tuner and the international models have USB on-the-go so you can transfer pics from a camera onto it w/o a computer.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    ill! prolly more than i want to spend, but i'll definitely look into it.

thanks for posting that ish.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    Whats up y'all.

Alright, so recently I lost my pogo mp3/wma player and i need to buy another one. It was mad useful, because it had a 1/8 cable line in and a installed microphone as well. When you would record line in, it recorded it as a wma file so the quality was pretty rad. I could record live sets with it even and it sounded great.

Do you all know of anything that has all of these capabilites?

No ipod or mini disc nothing please.

thanks.

I can't say enough about my Iriver H140. Here are some features:

40 gig hd
    16 hour battery life
    read as external hard drive by PC or Mac w/o extra software. Just drag n drop.
    superior sound to Ipod
    analog and optical ins and outs
    records to .wav files (up to 75 minutes) or .mp3s (32 to 320 kbps)
    plays mp3, wav, wma, and ogg.
    FM tuner
    A>B button for looping
    adjustable play speed
    filetree navigation
    comes with an awesome LCD remote and an external mic (internal mic built in)
    usb 2.0

The recording is unbelievable. I record all my bands' rehearsals and gigs with it.

They're about $400 for the 40 gig and $300 for the 20gig.

I got mine from www.advancedmp3players.co.uk and there may be some left, if not check ebay or www.misticriver.net. It also come in 20gig (H120). They are not being made anymore, however, they've been replaced with the new model...

The new model (H320/340) has a color screen and can view pics and videos, but doesn't come with a remote or mic, and there are no optical ins and outs (only analog) and it only records to .mp3, not .wav. Still a killer machine, though.
    It also has the ability to record from the FM tuner and the international models have USB on-the-go so you can transfer pics from a camera onto it w/o a computer.

wow, that sounds awesome. im shopping for a large mp3 player, and i was looking at the new sony nw-hd5 that's about to come out, 20 gb and the kicker is that the battery is easily replaceable and lasts about 30 hours.

• The new model (H320/340) has a color screen and can view pics and videos, but doesn't come with a remote or mic, and there are no optical ins and outs (only analog) and it only records to .mp3, not .wav. Still a killer machine, though.

IRiver baby. these things are the bomb. my girl has an H120 and i have an H320. some misinformation in the info above tho. the H320/340 plays pics but no video. also displays text files (great for all your lists of rare rock breaks or whatever). they do come with an internal mic (that isn't too impressive). it does record mp3 AND WAV. the fm tuner is key and the usb host feature is sweet. i was recently traveling for several months and got a good stereo mic, plugged that sucker in and did some fun field recording all over the place. sound quality is great. like their predecessor the H120 they play a shit load of formats too -- mp3,wav,wma,ogg vorbis.

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts

IRiver baby. these things are the bomb. my girl has an H120 and i have an H320. some misinformation in the info above tho. the H320/340 plays pics but no video. also displays text files (great for all your lists of rare rock breaks or whatever). they do come with an internal mic (that isn't too impressive). it does record mp3 AND WAV. the fm tuner is key and the usb host feature is sweet. i was recently traveling for several months and got a good stereo mic, plugged that sucker in and did some fun field recording all over the place. sound quality is great. like their predecessor the H120 they play a shit load of formats too -- mp3,wav,wma,ogg vorbis.

it plays video if you upgrade it with the korean firmware (which unfortunately voids your warantee if you're not in Korea).

The US version does not record to WAV, only the international ones. It also may not have the USB onthego feature.

It should also be noted that there is a remote available for the H320/340, but it's about $60 or so.

The 140/120 also can view txt files.

www.misticriver.net is an extremely informative site with a very active message board. They explain how to get the video working, and also how to replace the battery, too (though I wouldn't call it easy).

• The new model (H320/340) has a color screen and can view pics and videos, but doesn't come with a remote or mic, and there are no optical ins and outs (only analog) and it only records to .mp3, not .wav. Still a killer machine, though.

it plays video if you upgrade it with the korean firmware (which unfortunately voids your warantee if you're not in Korea).

The US version does not record to WAV, only the international ones. It also may not have the USB onthego feature.

It should also be noted that there is a remote available for the H320/340, but it's about $60 or so.
    The 140/120 also can view txt files.

www.misticriver.net is an extremely informative site with a very active message board. They explain how to get the video working, and also how to replace the battery, too (though I wouldn't call it easy).

thank you! i'll check out that firmware upgrade. shouldnt be that hard to flash it back if something goes screwy. i must have an international version cuz i can record to wav no problem. i got it fairly early in the release so????. good looking on the misticriver site.