NEW YORK- WHAT'S REALLY GOOD?

JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I'll be stuck out on Long Island from Sep. 1st-4th for a wedding, (sadly, can't make the Rub night) but I'll be staying in Brooklyn until the 10th. I don't get vacation much, but I have already done the NYC tourist stuff. Planning on hitting as many record spots as my non-record oriented friends can handle, and planning on maintaining a low budget trip (outside of records...) Planning on hitting Good Records, et al; and Rapid Ric is out there either tuesday or wednesday, but other than that, nothing set in stone... So, NYC, WHAT'S REALLY GOOD?

Comments

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    scalp tix to the US Open. Even if you're not a fan of tennis, it's amazing how much access you have to the players while being a part of the fan specticle.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    NYU Business School.....I think it's run by Howard Stern??

NYU Business School.....I think it's run by Howard Stern??

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Yeah, I read that on a record forum. I think they're totally lax about who they let in there too... I don't know.

I want to go to new york, but I really didn't pay attention at the airport and ended up missing my plane. Anyone know the president of the FAA? Maybe they could redirect that plane back to the airport for me so I can board it? Thanks.

• scalp tix to the US Open. Even if you're not a fan of tennis, it's amazing how much access you have to the players while being a part of the fan specticle.

But I hear you are a tennis enthusiast!

I thought you'd be up here right about now.

didn't ya hear???? I'm hooking up my boy faux with my girl!!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

didn't ya hear???? I'm hooking up my boy faux with my girl!!!

Yeah--get familiar.

I wanna negotiate the uniquely 21st Century social pitfalls posed by getting with yoigiotbeats's girl while maintaining a cordial relationship with him online. In high school I was a bit of a clod. In fact, I don't remember having any friends at all. But I feel I am now ready to attempt this veritable highwire act of etiquette.

Think I can do it?

Can anyone recommend any basic primers on manners and such?

Can anyone recommend any basic primers on manners and such?

see the 20th Century tomb Henry & June or read whatever volume of Nin's diaries which cover her cold getting busy years with Henry Miller

• I read on the Fryer Mantis board that one James Trouble penned a pamphlet on "How To Win Friends And Influence People." Might want to check that out.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    September 2nd:

New York Sneaker Exchange (NY$E)
    598 Broadway 6th Floor ( Between Houston and Prince ), NYC, 10012
    I'll be DJing w/ my boy Jeff
    should be worth stopping through. Especially if you're a Nike head.

• September 2nd:

New York Sneaker Exchange (NY$E)
    598 Broadway 6th Floor ( Between Houston and Prince ), NYC, 10012
    I'll be DJing w/ my boy Jeff
    should be worth stopping through. Especially if you're a Nike head.

Faux_Rillz is camping-out in secure his place inline (he's also hoping they'll be vinyl dolls for sale as well. He needs to mint-up on a few and fill some holes up in his collection).

• I heard you're having your own limited edition toy made as we speak.

Tell us what you really did in Japan homie.

• I heard you're having your own limited edition toy made as we speak.

Tell us what you really did in Japan homie.

I was trying to get you a little gift, dude. Haven't you heard the expression "Never wash a gift horse in the ass"?

• WOW! I had no idea that you remembered that drunken convo, where you swore up and down by your bidet, and said I just hadn't lived until I'd used one on a regular basis... and how I said that I just didn't have the space for one... but you did!

I 3 Young Phonics

• WOW! I had no idea that you remembered that drunken convo, where you swore up and down by your bidet, and said I just hadn't lived until I'd used one on a regular basis... and how I said that I just didn't have the space for one... but you did!

I 3 Young Phonics

trust me. you know how many balls of dust and cat-piss fumes get trapped in your anus every time you go digging? It's enough to power a thirdworld country.

GET FAMILIAR!

Plus I heard those wands are really good at cleaning records. You can have a stack of pricey Fela's and be like "one blast for you and one blast for me...one for me...one for you...one for me...one for you"

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Thanks. Don't think I can make it through there... tryin to keep my nose clean the night before the wedding since I've been asked to participate in it... I don't want to be the hung over groomsman.
    Anybody got any more suggestions? Sep 4th-9th are the days I will be off Long Island, and in the city: I want to do it BIG. Keep the ideas/clown coming.