Mr. T's Be Somebody (Or Be Somebody's Fool)

McZRockMcZRock 57 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Can me here who help? I look for the album of universe Vinyl or Mp3 Mr. T's Somebody (Or Somebody's Fool) ....Mr. TMr. T's Be Somebody (Or Be Somebody's Fool)Release Date: 1984Label: MCARating:Mr. T, of acting fame from various macho roles in The A-Team and Rocky, as well as a former Toughest Bouncer champion and Toughman champion, released this album at the peak of his popularity in 1984 to help to steer kids on the right path. The album is filled with pieces sounding far too stereotypical of '80s music to be from any other time period. The instrumentation is mainly synthesizer-based sounds verging on some low-key form of electro-funk, with tightly packed backup vocals. Mr. T is, of course, the main artist on the album, spouting out inspirational messages in some form of a slow speak-rap. The album also features a song performed by Valerie Landsburg, of Fame fame, and one piece by New Edition. Realistically, for musical value, the album may be lacking, but for the novelty value, if you can find an old copy at a used music shop somewhere, it's worth every penny. Adam Greenberg, All Music GuideTracks: Title Composer Time1 Be Somebody 2 Treat Your Mother Right 3 Stylin' 4 Love Each Other 5 I Am Somebody 6 Peer Pressure 7 Poppin' and Breakin' 8 Try Releases:Year Type Label1984 LP MCA

Comments

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    wow this was a real release?

I've seen the youtube of treat your mother right, that was hilarious.

I'll definately keep an eye out for that.

• McZRockMcZRock 57 Posts
    he burn a 12" about ..Mr. T Treat your mother right it is on MCA RECORDS (PROMO) Sounds by Rich Cason

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    he burn a 12" about ..Mr. T Treat your mother right it is on MCA RECORDS (PROMO) Sounds by Rich Cason

That's that shit right there. I had that joint.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    we had it at the shop, I put a $100 on it, because I didnt really want to sell it and I wanted it to hang in the shop. I thought that price would keep it in the store. I was wrong, one dude came in and said "I have to have that" and he paid a bill for it.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I think I have this...

But I doubt I have the one ur askin for.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Yeah, I have that 10 commandments one on a picture disc and have the "be somebody or be somebody's fool" on VHS. I wasn't aware that came out on vinyl. I love that peer pressure joint where he's on the pier with New Edition.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Yeah, I have that 10 commandments one on a picture disc and have the "be somebody or be somebody's fool" on VHS. I wasn't aware that came out on vinyl. I love that peer pressure joint where he's on the pier with New Edition.

Man, that Mr. T video was a big part of my childhood. From watching it, I learned how to poplock and how to smoke a cigarette correctly.

That peer pressure joint was fiyah to a 6 year old!

did anyone else try to exercise by lifting bags of popcorn?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I think I have this...

But I doubt I have the one ur askin for.
    I remember someone doing a TTL record check on this here record.