Eddie Kendricks fans?

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I might have to bid on this.

No Garrard jokes. That would be disrespectful.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    those hanging speakers are hot to death.

• eddie kendricks needs more appreciation!!! "put on my coat and leather shoes, walked out the door with a bag full of blues" that was a vancouver anthem for me.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Damn, i need that stereo in my life.

ahhhh well, off to buy daipers....

• That's awesome. Any of you Michigan heads gonna jump on this? Is that equipment any good?

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    high bidder = cosmobaker

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Who knows anything about the Kendricks Private Issue LP this single comes from?

Modern Soul Kendricks? According to what I've read, the LP features the SOS Band as backing musicians and was released on Kendricks' own Ms. Dixie label.

Wut it do on a USendIt?

SG

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts

Modern Soul Kendricks? According to what I've read, the LP features the SOS Band as backing musicians and was released on Kendricks' own Ms. Dixie label.

SG

a) yep. 1984 LP on Ms. Dixie.
    b) do you need one?

Is it any good?

I'm afraid to ask what yer price is.

SG

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

If that's the one I'm thinking of, it's very common in Atlanta, and never seems to draw much interest when offered on eBay... at least not last I checked. I've definitely seen people try to hype it up as MEGA RAER PRIVATE PRESS DON'T SLEEP, but they never get any bids.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

If that's the one I'm thinking of, it's very common in Atlanta, and never seems to draw much interest when offered on eBay... at least not last I checked. I've definitely seen people try to hype it up as MEGA RAER PRIVATE PRESS DON'T SLEEP, but they never get any bids.

yeah I've seen it, and thought about bidding on it several times. Something about kinda screams terd though.

SG:[/b] if you're looking for good moder Eddie Kendrick pick up his 1983 effort "Love Keys" it covers 2 songs from Lou Courtney's "I'm in Need Of Love" LP and has some nice mellow originals as well. Never seen it go for more than $10 and might even be lining the dollar bins of your local store

A friend of mine ran through about 20 sealed copies at $40 per with no problems a few years ago - probably saturated the market. I've got two extra right now, neither sealed. Been a little bit since I've seen one out in the field though. Whether its any good or not should be left up to someone else as I don't have much of an ear for 80s soul.

yeah I've seen it, and thought about bidding on it several times. Something about kinda screams terd though.

SG:[/b] if you're looking for good moder Eddie Kendrick pick up his 1983 effort "Love Keys" it covers 2 songs from Lou Courtney's "I'm in Need Of Love" LP and has some nice mellow originals as well. Never seen it go for more than $10 and might even be lining the dollar bins of your local store

Oh yeah...I got the "Love Keys" LP. It's currently in my "to listen" stack.

The thing that makes this Ms. Dixie LP so intriguing to me is that the SOS Band feature prominently on it. Never heard Kendricks done in a boogie bass-slap setting before.

SG

The thing that makes this Ms. Dixie LP so intriguing to me is that the SOS Band feature prominently on it. Never heard Kendricks done in a boogie bass-slap setting before.

SG

Hmmmm, I don't think you'd be in for that with the Ms. Dixie LP either.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    update on that system...

as cool as it is, i contacted the seller to see if any other personal effects were to be offered, and they told me this......the chair featured on the cover of the PEOPLE....HOLD ON Lp will be for sale.

now that is truly the definition of

deal with that!

• high bidder = cosmobaker

Ha..I saw that to. Not to be a dick-rider but any and all sturtters should fall the fuck back let dude have it. Honestly, he's the reason why a lot of dudes are up on Kendricks on the 'strut.

It would be like if someone saw some raer latin heat and intentionally put the highest bid out of spite..

oh wait.

high bidder = cosmobaker

Ha..I saw that to. Not to be a dick-rider but any and all sturtters should fall the fuck back let dude have it. Honestly, he's the reason why a lot of dudes are up on Kendricks on the 'strut.

But how do we know that this is the real Cosmo Baker and not some European jockeur?

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    This looks like something Troy McClure would have in his house.

But how do we know that this is the real Cosmo Baker and not some European jockeur?

then dude is a big lil' dude because he has 136 purchases under that account

plus his purchase record

NEW PAPER DENIM & CLOTH 2-PEG-89 SKINNY JEANS SASHA 30

high bidder = cosmobaker

plus his purchase record

Regardless, let me say that I will remember this burst of benevolence on your part the next time I see you bidding on an imported bidet wand... and I will at least pasue for a moment before PMing Reynaldo and urging him to outbid you.

plus his purchase record

Regardless, let me say that I will remember this burst of benevolence on your part the next time I see you bidding on an imported bidet wand... and I will at least pasue for a moment before PMing Reynaldo and urging him to outbid you.

I already be outBIDETING (GET IT?!?!) Reynaldo. So your efforts will be futile at best. Actually I think he pays someone to wipe his ass.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    i contacted the seller to see if any other personal effects were to be offered, and they told me this......the chair featured on the cover of the PEOPLE....HOLD ON Lp will be for sale.

If there was ever an item that belongs in the SoulStrut time capsule.

• i contacted the seller to see if any other personal effects were to be offered, and they told me this......the chair featured on the cover of the PEOPLE....HOLD ON Lp will be for sale.

DUDE! That's almost bigger than Soulstrut. Man, but why would be selling this stuff of? Is Kendricks strapped for cash? That sucks if so.

i contacted the seller to see if any other personal effects were to be offered, and they told me this......the chair featured on the cover of the PEOPLE....HOLD ON Lp will be for sale.

DUDE! That's almost bigger than Soulstrut. Man, but why would be selling this stuff of? Is Kendricks strapped for cash? That sucks if so.

Um, whereever he is, I imagine he's straight--his widow may be strapped, though.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

EK been dead for over a decade. Throat cancer I beleive

• i contacted the seller to see if any other personal effects were to be offered, and they told me this......the chair featured on the cover of the PEOPLE....HOLD ON Lp will be for sale.

Um, whereever he is, I imagine he's straight--his widow may be strapped, though.

*awkwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard*

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Let me rent a tux and pose on the throne. I will expire a happy man.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    update on that system...

as cool as it is, i contacted the seller to see if any other personal effects were to be offered, and they told me this......the chair featured on the cover of the PEOPLE....HOLD ON Lp will be for sale.

now that is truly the definition of

deal with that!

I will actually spend real money on that chair (and in the process, probably destroy any pure, psychic, dryadic vibrations located therein).

Actually - Soulstrut.com could afford this chair if it were to pull together and buy it en masse. We could all get pictures taken on it.

• Anyone know off the top of thier head how many 45's (or any full length's) on EJK records aside from The Posse ? DC I'm lookin at you g-bone. Or if that even is the real EK listed in writers credit?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

I have a 45 by the Young Senators (Eddie Kendricks' backup band...they should have LOST that name). It's on Epic. WISH I could say that it was a classic up there with People, Hold On, but...[/b]