Peedi to join The Roots? Say what?

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
wow..sorry if this has already been posted..but I just found this to be pretty strange. I havent heard the track they have together but I just cant picture that being too good of a look for Peedi. But what do I know...

Comments

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    smart move for Peedi - I dont see him releasing a solo record on Def Jam anytime soon?
    BRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    ha, i posted this yesterday and got a good response from like a hundred crickets.
    The combo of Peedi and the Roots seems unnatural.

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=713977&an=0&page=2#Post713977

• oh shit, I didnt even see that post.

Yeah, I just dont know how well they would sound together.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    neo-soul + coke-rap =

• slushslush 691 Posts
    no way is that a bad move... thats the steadiest job in hip hop. i would much rather him be solo, but how are you gonna turn down good paying work

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    He's not really joining the group in the sense that you'll hear Peedi on every Roots track... sounds like what's under discussion is just him going on tour with them for a year, which is probably a good look for both parties, considering that Peedi's not doing anyhting else and the Roots' stage show could use an infusion.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Sounds like a good idea for everybody except black thought....and possibly the other dude that raps.