Dave Chappelle's Block Party

white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I finally saw this movie over the weekend, and that shit was just beautiful. I almost got a few "Rudy"-esque man tears when that marching band got the go-ahead to attend that concert. The whole movie was so postive. I knew Dave Chappelle and Michel Gondry (sp?) would be a great combo when I heard about it but I never got around to actually watching the movie. Say what you want about the musicians involved, but I thought it was great. And goddamn is Erakah Badu sexy. Has anyone been that weird house/church/junk yard where that old couple lives?

Comments

• cosign the above, not a chappelle comedy milestone but better than 90% of hollywood shite on the screen.

cosign, Erakah Badu is

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    coscosign, Erakah Badu is

Did she ever have that baby that the D.O.C. skeeted up into her a few years ago?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    coscosign, Erakah Badu is

Did she ever have that baby that the D.O.C. skeeted up into her a few years ago?
    Damn, Texas folks stick togethor!

• coscosign, Erakah Badu is

pre or post marley jr's yung'n?

• Has anyone been that weird house/church/junk yard where that old couple lives?

last week i helped by best friend and dj partner move to his new apartment on quincy st. which is the street the film was filmed on. he was moving from just around the corner. 35 crates of records up two flights! my knees are still feeling it.

i lived in the neighborhood when i first moved to brooklyn in 2000...i used to always walk by that crazy house of dreams...it's fucked up! but i had never seen anybody there...especially not that insane hippie elderly couple. on the block is a salvation army...it's actually the brooklyn hub so all records actually go thru that building...but you can't find any good records there anymore. when i first started going there it was off the hook...tons of soul, funk, disco and even african records. now it sucks...and they try to charge $3 for records! basically any record that looks nice is missing the lp. producers always get there first i guess and swipe lps for samples.

the area is gentrifying slowly but surely...it's a really cool neighborhood. it's strange being on that block and thinking about all those people and hip-hop celebs being there!