Bathroom songs

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Y'know... the ones long enough to get to the bathroom and back before the song runs out. That or getting a drink from the bar...Blondie - RaptureVaughn Mason - Bounce, Rock, Skate, RollMarvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (enough time to piss, get a drink, smoke, chat to a girl, go to the deli, clean records AND take another piss)

Comments

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    well there's this genre called disco.. you should check it out alot of the 12"s are 10 minutes plus!!!

• well there's this genre called psych/rock.. you should check it out a lot of the lp sides are one 20 minute track!!!

inna gadda da vida baby

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Trans Europe Express----Then take a woman to the bathroom for a quickie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up

Right on! + anything by Fela Kuti. Party will still be rocking when you get back. And yes, of course - disco 12 inches. Ooompchi ooomphi???

• oxnardcoreoxnardcore 141 Posts

i cheated at a friends party by letting the "cold heat" stones throw comp play out as i got my drinks.... 4 sides = 4 bathroom/drink/socialize breaks

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Here are some (all 12"s except where noted):

-"Rapper's Delight"-Sugarhill Gang.

-"Mainline"-Black Ivory.

-"One Nation Under a Groove"-Parliament.

-"Livin' it Up"-Bell & James.

-"Reaching Out (for your love)"-Lee Moore.

-"Bout I Funk You"-Maurice Starr.

-"For Geronime"-Quartz.

-"Joy"-Isaac Hayes (not a 12").

-"Brilliant Circles"-Stanley Cowell (not a 12").

-"Water Torture"-Herbie Hancock (not a 12").

-"Ring My Bell"-Anita Ward.

-"All Night Thang"-The Invisible Man's Band.

-"You Make Me Hot"-Jimmy Bo Horne.

-"Instant Replay"-Dan Hartman.

-"Good Times"-Chic.

-"Keep on Dancin'"-Grey & Hanks.

-cosign on Vaughn Mason & Crew.

-"More Bounce to the Ounce"-Zapp.

-"It's Party Time"-JB and the Disco Machine (? blanking the full group name).

-"Electric Kingdom"-Twilight 22.

That's enough! I could go on all day.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    -"I'm Bout' to Funk You"-Maurice Starr.

Ohhh snap! You must be talkin' about "Bout Time I Funk You" by Maurice Starr. That was my JAM back in the day, and I never heard it get any play at all. I don't remember anybody even mentioning it until now. I used that record for a remix of Naughty By Nature's "It's On" back in '93 or whenever. Tommy Boy loved that shit but ended up not using it (long story).

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    -"I'm Bout' to Funk You"-Maurice Starr.

Ohhh snap! You must be talkin' about "Bout Time I Funk You" by Maurice Starr. That was my JAM back in the day, and I never heard it get any play at all. I don't remember anybody even mentioning it until now. I used that record for a remix of Naughty By Nature's "It's On" back in '93 or whenever. Tommy Boy loved that shit but ended up not using it (long story).

Yeah Phill, that's the one (I was at work when I posted above). Stacks gots the crates, you didn't know? Man, I love my uncles for hookin' me up with those disco singles back then. I've played the shit out of those over the years. Kids knock the genre, but some of that stuff was fonky!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Yes-Awaken
    Led Zeppelin-Dazed And Confused (Live)
    Siah & Yeshua dapo Ed-A Day Like Any Other
    Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five-The Party Mix
    Digital Underground-It's A Good Thing That We're Rappin'
    Pink Floyd-Animals
    Earth Wind & Fire-Zanzibar
    The Rascals-Cute
    any Jennifer Lopez remix

Earth Wind & Fire-Zanzibar

Yeah and "Clover" too.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak