//$$~~The Official BEN FOLD FIVE THREAD!~~$$

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
It's your boy BEN FOLDS back up in this motherfucker like WHOA! You cannot, and I mean CANNOT front on this power-pop genius and his piano rocking skills!!!You know I had heard his name echoing distanly in the back of my mind with some kids talking about "Son did you cop that new Ben Folds joint" but I have to admit that I never heard, much less COPPED, and actual disc until I heard the unforgettable "Army" from the 1999 release "The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner." From then on it was nothing but UP! I used to listen to that record on a spring day. When I was house sitting for this girl I knew (I used to "break that off" in our spare time, if you catch my drift) I would blaze the speakers up bout it and be like whoa. I even sampled "Jane Be Jane" for a hip-hop record.So recently I have revisited this album and it made me remember the last "greatest summer ever" that I had, which was the summer of 1999. You had "Musical Massacre" and "Murda Music" but I also rocked joints by my dude Mr. Berry as well as the occasional Cassandra Wilson record and, OF COURSE, the Original Sound Track from "The PJs" (essential listening!)But you know what? Your boy Ben is right up in that mis as well. You got to hand it to him for being able to go against such tough competitors. I recently Illegally downloaded (I SEE YOU, Mr. Most!) his entire catalog and was quite pleased. In fact, I caught up on some of the live recordings the day I had to speak on a panel with Jazzy J. That's just what I needed to set my mind "right here."So big up to BF5, and I'm looking forward to your next project.NEXT UP[/b]Next on the list of bands I LOVE will be~ The New Radicals (This is the soundtrack for a summer, my friends. It could have been of a generation.)~ Len (It doesn't get any better than this.)