jazz art/anyone collect or appreciate?

THRIFTDIGTHRIFTDIG 36 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
my pops did these in the 50's in hollywood. what do you put on your walls at home or studio?

Comments

• THRIFTDIGTHRIFTDIG 36 Posts
    fr#@#kin' hell! my pics don't show up. Anyways, question still stands

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
    you got to put IMG between the brackets, not IMAGE.

Nice pics btw!

• HamHam 872 Posts

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Using ImageShack or Photobucket etc., you need to use the links they provide or right click/properties and copy/paste the image info, not the main page like you had up in your post.

hope that helps

• those are dope. i have a mix of flyers, posters, old billboard mag ads, promo 8x10s, ernie barnes rip off neo-mannerist paintings, etc. i want to find some of those cti cover posters.

• THRIFTDIGTHRIFTDIG 36 Posts
    Thank you HAM for getting the pics up. On the left is Yusef Lateef, and the one on the right is Sonny Rollins. My dad was about 25 years of age when these were done. They were done in ink & colored pencil in 1958. My dad was a sometime trombone player on the west coast. Roomates with Cy Johnson (Mingus arranger), and collegues with Condoli Bros, Pete Jolly, Jack Sheldon, etc. It turned out not to be his calling, and eventually became a graphic designer in the aeronautical engineering dept. of Boeing Airlines. I have another nice piece he did of Miles Davis I will try and get up soon.