a rare occasion (45 related)

TreehouseTreehouse 120 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I happened to stop by a yard sale this last saturday and was surprised to find some treasures. The dude gave me the whole lot for $5! I know they're not ultra raer records, but considering the state of digging in Ogden, Utah, I thought they were some good finds. I typed up a list of names and song titles, but my connection failed and my post didnt go through. I'm too lazy to retype, if you cant read it and you are really curious what it is, i'll post up upon request.

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Dude, nice score. I'd be really happy just seeing 45s at a garage sale, raer or not.

Some of those look to be on small labels. I'd be really stoaked in your shoes. Congrats.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Dude, nice score. I'd be really happy just seeing 45s at a garage sale, raer or not.

Some of those look to be on small labels. I'd be really stoaked in your shoes. Congrats.

Cosign.

Please to post that list.
    And be welcome to the board, btw.

• whats the promo on mainstream?

• I'm here at work, so here's what i can remember...

From left to right:

The Henchmen on Guillotine Records, a label out of Ogden, UT? Never heard of it.
    Late 60s rock
    Rhythm Heritage, "theme from S.W.A.T." b/w ?
    You know the deal
    Miles Davis, "Vote for Miles pt 1 and 2"
    this is my first time seeing miles on a 45...
    100 PROOF Aged in Soul, "Someone's been sleeping in my bed" b/w ?
    The Main ingredient, "? b/w ?"
    Lyn Collins, "? b/w ?"
    Same track on both sides
    Al Wilson, "Show and tell b/w ?"
    Dyke and the Blazers, "Funky Broadway pt 1 and 2"
    James Brown, "Papa don't take no mess pt 1 and 2"
    Lee Sain, "Hot pants pt 1 and 2"
    Bloodstone, "? b/w ?"
    Soul Sonic Force, "Planet rock, both sides"
    The Seeds "? b/w ?"
    ?, "? b/w ?" Spring Records
    Name has slipped my mind, slow grooving soul tracks.
    James Brown, "Mother Popcorn pt 1 and 2"
    ?, "Bacon Butter Fat b/w ?"
    Clarence Reid "?/?"
    One of the tracks sounds much like Isley Brothers's "It's your thang"
    Isley Brothers, "It's your thang b/w ?"
    Kool and the Gang "Dunjii b/w ?"
    Brick, "Dazz Dance b/w Southern Sunset"

When I'm able to peep the mystery artists, i'll post them up.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    looks pretty good. welcome

• is today opposite day on the strut, not one, not two, but three whole hearted welcomes on this guy. not one to hatt, but i thought ss was all about bein pompous pricks to someone until they proved their worth by posting a zillion times and showing off their "ultra raer moder gospel private pysch lp" that they scored from their "local black expeirience" for under a nickel. just a little question from a "little dude"

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    is today opposite day on the strut, not one, not two, but three whole hearted welcomes on this guy. not one to hatt, but i thought ss was all about bein pompous pricks to someone until they proved their worth by posting a zillion times and showing off their "ultra raer moder gospel private pysch lp" that they scored from their "local black expeirience" for under a nickel. just a little question from a "little dude"

• nope, far from it doggie, just an observation that seems pretty valid

nope, far from it doggie, just an observation that seems pretty valid

I don't know I can kind of smell the desitin from here.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    is today opposite day on the strut, not one, not two, but three whole hearted welcomes on this guy. not one to hatt, but i thought ss was all about bein pompous pricks to someone until they proved their worth by posting a zillion times and showing off their "ultra raer moder gospel private pysch lp" that they scored from their "local black expeirience" for under a nickel. just a little question from a "little dude"

That only happens when newbies show up with attitude like 'look what I found batches'. This dude posted humbly about a genuine, happy digging experience. Regardless of the "level" of finds, hatting on that only makes you look like a lil dude.

Here's a fourth whole hearted welcome

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    id be happy with those finds.

welcome

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

• Regardless of the "level" of finds, hatting on that only makes you look like a lil dude.

sorry, would crying my eyes out on my steering wheel be the "grown man look" as opposed to my hattery?

my qusetion to holmes was what exactly did he find? whos hatting?

ps- the rare occasion was showing off some schitt and not getting laughed outta the board?

pps- welcome to the board, $5 well spent

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    ps- the rare occasion was showing off some schitt and not getting laughed outta the board?

You're missing my point... dude wasn't showing off some schitt, he was just sharing a digging story. There's nothing to laugh at there homes.

• ps- the rare occasion was showing off some schitt and not getting laughed outta the board?

You're missing my point... dude wasn't showing off some schitt, he was just sharing a digging story. There's nothing to laugh at there homes.

precious stuff there, lets all hold hands now and sing....

WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW....

• I took my chances doing a "looky what i found" post, especially for a first post. I realize that there are going to be dudes scoffing at me. Just to clarify my point in doing this post, it was entirely to share some fun i had over the weekend. I know there are a lot out there that like to see what people are finding, rare or not.

I took my chances doing a "looky what i found" post, especially for a first post. I realize that there are going to be dudes scoffing at me. Just to clarify my point in doing this post, it was entirely to share some fun i had over the weekend. I know there are a lot out there that like to see what people are finding, rare or not.

Welcome to Soul Strut.