Netherlands appreciation thread

TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Weed!Hookers!Social Security!Abortion!Kroketten!Tulips!Lefties Soul Connection!Lets hear it for les Pays Bas!

Comments

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Weed!
    Hookers!
    Social Security!
    Abortion!
    Kroketten!
    Tulips!
    Lefties Soul Connection!

Lets hear it for les Pays Bas!

I hear the french fries are delectable...

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    "to french"
    ancient verb which means: to cut, to slice (there is no connection to the country)

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Weed!
    Hookers!
    Social Security!
    Abortion!
    Kroketten!
    Tulips!
    Lefties Soul Connection!

i celebrate the entire catalog

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    ...assisted suicide

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    i went to amsterdam for 3 days back in 96. i was 18. it was crazy. i would like to go back now that i am older, i would probably appreciate it a lot more. soak in some culture instead of mass amounts of smoke.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    FEBO
    Meisjes
    Broodje kroketten
    Chill people
    Grachten

Zeeland.

Hup Holland!

• Weed!
    Hookers!
    Social Security!
    Abortion!
    Kroketten!
    Tulips!
    Lefties Soul Connection!

best thing bout the netherlands, are the subtitles on most of US TV lol...no for real i lived like 30mins away from the border (german side), then stayed in amsterdam for about 2 months before i went back to my hometown in germany, still driving regularly over for the greenery and fashion of course hehe.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    - Klompen
    - caravans/trailers
    - overrated soccer (I'm German)
    - cheese

i like the netherlands. i like dutch people.

• i remember when we went to the nfl europe world bowl finals in amsterdam in 95, crazy fuckin driving over there i nearly got run over, great game and awesome day...

• erwtensoep
    aap noot mies
    polders
    een 7-jarig jongetje als president
    "de provincie"
    hollandse nieuwe

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    erwtensoep
    my wife wont let me eat it, the repurcussions are legendary

aap noot mies
    krampakketten?

polders
    fiets on jonge.

een 7-jarig jongetje als president
    seriously... WTF!?! JP has more lives than a cat.

"de provincie"
    ???

hollandse nieuwe

no matter how many times i try, i just cant... the wifey does it ol school, hold em by the tail stylee, but i just cant.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Weed! YESSSS!
    Hookers! NO
    Social Security!YES
    Abortion! HMmmm, YES
    Kroketten! YES
    Tulips! YES
    Lefties Soul Connection! HELL YEAH

Hell yeah, netherlands is the ish...i live next to the dutch mountains (still germany though, although my town is not really German, it is inbetween somehow)

so I appreciate almost the entire catalogue.

also big up to the amsterdam crew around kees de koning (he retired last week though) for holding it down with weekly national hiphopradio for more than a decade. thats how i learned dutch, by listening to the radio, ha! Te gegs! It was a superbe show, still have a tape where biz was there and they all sang let me turn you on together and he freestyled like there was no tomorrow...raddd!

and dont get me started about records, holland is a dope place for diggin...check the dutch breaks comps for an overview....

Sticky, here are some old Villa 65 Shows hosted by Kees & crew:

http://databeesje.hpmc.net/villa65

There's a legendary show (not present in the link though) where one of Kees's people ran into ODB who was sitting on an Amsterdam bench only carrying a bag filled with $60000 in cash. He took 'em to the studio for the usual Dirt McGirt madness.

and what's really good is hagelslag (chocolate sprinkles)

• Sticky, here are some old Villa 65 Shows hosted by Kees & crew:

Damn that Lamont made my day!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I visited the Netherlands twice once when I was 18 and once in my 20's. Both trips were really great, but the second time around I actually got more out of it. I.E. I was not stoned the whole time. It was also December and I don't think I have ever felt anything quite as cold as the wind in Amsterdam. I was traveling with a guy from St. Petersburg and even he thought it was too damn cold. Seriously, If you go there, go in the spring or summer.

• joostjoost 46 Posts
    engelse drop

• salviasalvia 279 Posts

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Permissive values rule!

• great place. the people are a little low-key (read: boring) at times, but always friendly. I lived there for a whole summer (Den Haag). great place to raise kids I imagine.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    sounds amazing

• I visited the Netherlands twice once when I was 18 and once in my 20's. Both trips were really great, but the second time around I actually got more out of it. I.E. I was not stoned the whole time. It was also December and I don't think I have ever felt anything quite as cold as the wind in Amsterdam. I was traveling with a guy from St. Petersburg and even he thought it was too damn cold. Seriously, If you go there, go in the spring or summer.

co-sign on the cold. first time I went was winter and shit was freezing.

and co-sign on getting out of the weed cloud to fully appreciate the surroundings. all I ever heard before I went to Amsterdam was about the weed. no one ever told me what a beautiful city it is though! you need a couple days to smoke before you can really appreciate it.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I loved Holland/Netherlands.
    Here are some pics from my March trip in spring 06.

• in no particular order ...

zomercarnaval
    warung spang makandra
    nasi/bami
    koninginendag
    bevrijdingsdag
    nachttreinen
    bloemendaal in het zomer
    blaak
    schouwburgplein
    haarlem
    de tweede kerstdag
    nijhof & lee
    patat met curry
    pannenkoeken
    bibliotheek rotterdam
    kralingse plas
    lux in nijmegen
    zoete drop
    rotterdam centraal
    nieuwe binnenweg
    erasmusbrug
    schiphol (and those damn flies in the urinals)
    ns