• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    This should be a perennial sticky.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

DOPE

• love/hate

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    America Rocks!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    #1 COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, BOY!!! YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    love

I think folks sometimes take the freedom to complain to a level where they feel thye should disrespect for no other reason than simply to do it.

Being able to have a choice between buying Fast food or fresh mexican food at 2am on any given day is why I'm proud to be an American.

*Moist this is not a shot at you, just a musing after dealing with one too many post collegiate girls whose parents paid their way and allowed them the freedom to learn as opposed to having to face a real world

I think folks sometimes take the freedom to complain to a level where they feel thye should disrespect for no other reason than simply to do it.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Never been, but I hear you can buy mad records there..

• love

Being able to have a choice between buying Fast food or fresh mexican food at 2am on any given day is why I'm proud to be an American.

*Moist this is not a shot at you, just a musing after dealing with one too many post collegiate girls whose parents paid their way and allowed them the freedom to learn as opposed to having to face a real world

being able to eat food at any time shoudn't be the yard stick for your opinion on America.

5 pager

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    love

being able to eat food at any time shoudn't be the yard stick for your opinion on America.

5 pager

Why not? I love America cause I can buy a variety of food here at nearly any time of the day 365 days a year.

it's one of those freedoms I'll always appreciate. I heart America and its many food choices

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    love

Is it disrespect or more of an emotional/gut reaction?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    love

Is it disrespect or more of an emotional/gut reaction?

no, it's disrespect. I hope no one here thinks I'm talking about them. I'm talking about the type of people that see America as pure evil while going to its school enjoying its public roads and their own freedom to choose what food they want at 2am.

I love america, I am not ok with everything that goes on, I am not ok with the current administration, but I am okay with being a US citizen.

• Nemo Me Impune Lacesset[/b]

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    From strictly a music angle America has been the overwhelming dominant creative force over the last 100 years.

We are a "new" country and we don't have the fine art, classical music, traditional music history of places like Europe, etc.

But.....over the last 100 years we have OWNED popular music.

Sure you can throw out some examples of niche genres that have come from elsewhere.

But the fact is, musically, America has lead the way for the last century.

And there ain't no arguing it so don't even try.

• love

5 pager

Why not? I love America cause I can buy a variety of food here at nearly any time of the day 365 days a year.

it's one of those freedoms I'll alway appreciate. god bless America and its many food choices

My man If that's your reason why "AMERICA RULEZ" then I'm not going to discuss this with you. Frankly, if you think "USA ALL THE WAY" because you can eat past your bedtime you should write-in Jack from Jack in the Box the next time you vote.

Not to take a shot at any of you dudes who simply LOVE their country (shit I wish I could love this place) but America is a real fucked up place for a lot of people and I really can't say I "love" it across the board[/b].

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

I love america, I am not ok with everything that goes on, I am not ok with the current administration, but I am okay with being a US citizen.

I think this is the key, to maintain a certain skepticism about the "greatness" of America. I love it here, but I'm not blind to the mistakes of our administrations; we should continue to try and improve as a nation rather than rest on some outdated and counterproductive notions of "Love it or Leave it" or "These Colors Don't Run" and other bumpersticker philosophies. Neither of the aforementioned ideas made this country great, nor will they do so in the future.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    HELL YES. I LOVE LIVING THE AMERICAN DREAM.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

5 10 pager

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    love

5 pager

it's one of those freedoms I'll alway appreciate. god bless America and its many food choices

My man If that's your reason why "AMERICA RULEZ" then I'm not going to discuss this with you. Frankly, if you think "USA ALL THE WAY" because you can eat past your bedtime you should write-in Jack from Jack in the Box the next time you vote.

Not to take a shot at any of you dudes who simply LOVE their country (shit I wish I could love this place) but America is a real fucked up place for a lot of people and I really can't say I "love" it across the board[/b].

Dude, I think youre looking for reasons to say people shouldn't love the US. No nation is perfect, America is no exception. however I love it enough to stay here and hopefully make it better place.

The food thing is kind of a jokey reason why I love this country but it is one of the things I appreciate, of course I like this country for more reasons than that.

My handicapped parents were allowed the chance to live as individuals, they were not forced behind institution walls. They were allowed to raise children, drive cars and interact with others without legal restrictions. When times were tough the government helped them out with welfare. In my fathers later age he is able to collect social security and not have to worry so much about where his next meal is coming from. They were allowed to inherit money and become property owners.

Their children were allowed to go to school and get both a basic and higher education. Because of this the world has benefited by gaining both a doctor and a scientist (and possibly suffered by gaining another hollywood producer).

I love the opportunities this country has presented me, my family, and many others. I am not saying it doesn't have its problems and I am not saying its the best place for everyone but I won't disresect the country simply to follow a crowd of naysayers.

Many, if not every country has its issues. The US is no different, but I still love it, blemishes and all.

• I thought this was going to be about the 'Horse With No Name' guys. Imagine my disappointment.

Many Americans hold their country up to the highest of standards.

And they should.

But they also need to realize that the America that they wish for in their own private mind gardens has never existed and never will anywhere on the planet.

America is not Utopia....nor will it ever be.

I'm far from a patriot but,

• love

5 pager

Dude, I think youre looking for reasons to say people shouldn't love the US. No nation is perfect, America is no exception. however I love it enough to stay here and hopefully make it better place.

The food thing is kind of a jokey reason why I love this country but it is one of the things I appreciate, of course I like this country for more reasons than that.

My handicapped parents were allowed the chance to live as individuals, they were not forced behind institution walls. They were allowed to raise children, drive cars and interact with others without legal restrictions. When times were tough the government helped them out with welfare. In my fathers later age he is able to collect social security and not have to worry so much about where his next meal is coming from. They were allowed to inherit money and become property owners.

Their children were allowed to go to school and get both a basic and higher education. Because of this the world has benefited by gaining both a doctor and a scientist (and possibly suffered by gaining another hollywood producer).

I love the opportunities this country has presented me, my family, and many others. I am not saying it doesn't have its problems and I am not saying its the best place for everyone but I won't disresect the country simply to follow a crowd of naysayers.

Many, if not every country has its issues. The US is no different, but I still love it, blemishes and all.

Adam:

I think things like that are what make any country/society great, but this blanket admiration I simply can't ride for. And Adam, I'm not going to follow a bunch of yaysayers[/b]. I'll say it again, I wish I could feel a 100% about my country, nothing what make me happier or ease my mind, but I can't just blindly say it's all good. And yes I know no country is perfect and yes I know there are a lot of countries have it worse but all my experiences with a country are because I lived here all my life.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I love the luxury and convenience, but hate the means in which we have it.

I love the luxury and convenience, but hate the means in which we have it.

Would you be willing to give up the former if it corrected the latter???

I don't know, my 10 acre slice of it is pretty utopian right now.

It's only Utopia if Mom is paying 0% interest on that slice of utopian plastic she let's you use!!!

It's only Utopia if Mom is paying 0% interest on that slice of utopian plastic she let's you use!!!
    It's ALL good!