From Nice to Wack: The Descent of Your MC Cat(s)

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Hey,For my producer heads, have you ever produced music for a cat (or cats) you considered "nice" back-in-the-day, only to hear newer stuff from him (done without you) that is garbage? This just happened to me down in the 'Ville. My boy handed me his new CD which featured (1) horrifically dumb-down lyrics, even though he had skills back then and (2) sparse, poorly arranged, musically incompetent production. It almost brought tears to my eyes to hear how far dude descended artistically. Sad thing is that he asked me to send him some tracks. A second question is how would you respond to this request? Holla!!!!Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'd send him some beats ass long as he doesnt use the wrod DOPE in his lyrics.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I ve seen this indirectly with people whos musical taste/vision changed and got "worse" imo, than i was asked to contribute with them.

it always sucks to have someone you respected show you material your really not feeling

however you from a producers perspective have a chance to help dude out
    just le him know your opinion on some of his dumbed down lyricks and propose to him a "hot track" to bring back that nice flow he hasd or something of the sort

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    "Hey man sorry but that CD you gave me wouldn't play in my stereo. I even tried it on my computer but no dice."

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    BATMON, your war on dope is more heavy handed than this lady's:

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Forget MC Cat!

It's all about RAP CAT YO!!!