›

Long Term Storage For Lps-In the Polybag or Not

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I store my wax upright on wooden shelves in polybags-packed tightly has given me no problems for the last 15 yearsroom temp- varies between 68f-high 70sHowever I am wondering what the official strut is word on this storage matterI heard its bad to leave the bag on......eh hehheheh he said bag...........ehhhh heheh yeahhhhhh hehehehehany thoughtsthanks in advance

Comments

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    polybags are bad for fragile paper: comic books, older magazines. they always recommend mylar based bags instead. But record jackets are way more durable, slick paper on cardboard and all that. so i think its fine.... but i always swap out old stinky dirty ones fr new ones when possible.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    There is nothing worse than an old dirty stinky bag.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I've been considering storing 85%-95% of my collection inside of a storage area.
    Is it true that vinyl gets moldy and crusty in those storage rooms?
    With or without the polybag?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I wonder how you handle those brazilian bag-sleeve raers where you can see the perfect inserts and the bag is yellow, dirty, smelly and sad. I just threw away a Tamba Trio bag for this reason. Now the perfect cover is in a new plastic sleeve, but I think I killed the originality of this piece.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I wash my brazilian plastics with a rag on a stick