"1st Born Second"-Bilal

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Hey,My wife, pooch, and I just got back from visiting my folks in Fayetteville, NC (that drive was a bitch!). Anyway, while I was down there, I bought Bilal's CD named above. I knew of cat from his association with the Soulquarians and an appearance on Musiq's "Soulstar" CD, but I didn't realize how DOPE this CD was. I need a serious late pass for missing this one. This is some "grown folks" shit, so I anticipate hate. Beyond that, anyone feel this joint?Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

I do.

Also, seeing him on stage is a good experience!!!!!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    That album is the fucking shit! Bilal is talented dude. i seen him at tower in NYC. He was on Jay leno too and whent crazy at the end of his performance. Anyone catch that?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I did not like this album. I felt he tried to too many things in as little time as possible, and it ended up sounding too complicated when it didn't have to be.

• Word up. I kind of slept on dude all these years but was curious to see him live a few weeks ago in Oakland after hearing his Radiohead cover. It was a great show, dude was lilttle drunk but the show was so dope it made me go and buy the album.

Dude even dedicated a few tracks to Dilla.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I lost that CD and straight forgot how good it was, until I read this thread.

I need to get this.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    Close friend of mine was at a few sessions with the Dude and says hes a true artist. He'll come up with a beat, melody, song, right on the spot. Just messing around a few instruments, reason, etc and next thing you know you have this full on track.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Bilal is talented dude. i seen him ON THE SUBWAY in NYC.

DOO DOO DEF

• his new album is pretty

some true facemelters indeed!

he's underrated as a producer, too.. Mr. Johnnie Walker was in constant walkman rotation...

• [quoteMr. Johnnie Walker was in constant walkman rotation...

/
    oh schitt! He did that? DAMN! I literally played that song three times in a row on Friday.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    his new album is pretty

"Love For Sale"? I thought that was shelved due to the innanet leakage last winter. It was supposed to come out around May, but it never did as far as I know. But yes, it is indeed good. For those who want to give it a listen, here it is:

Bilal "Love For Sale" album

• tirefiretirefire 203 Posts
    his new album is pretty

"Love For Sale"? I thought that was shelved due to the innanet leakage last winter. It was supposed to come out around May, but it never did as far as I know. But yes, it is indeed good. For those who want to give it a listen, here it is:

Hey thanks dude. I completely missed this when it leaked, and I was wondering what happened to the dude.

"Fast Lane" was my summer jam when it came out.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    his new album is pretty

Hey thanks dude. I completely missed this when it leaked, and I was wondering what happened to the dude.

"Fast Lane" was my summer jam when it came out.

Quirky version of Sorrow Tears and Blood on this.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Bilal-1st Born Second ...

A collection of good songs that do not make a good album

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Bilal-1st Born Second ...

A collection of good songs that do not make a good album

Your positivity permeates a plethora of your posts!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Your positivity permeates a plethora of your posts!

And a Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers to you too buddy!