I am a badass lesbian DJ and I didnt even know it

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
last night at the roller derby prom, I was playing rock records and folks were partying and having fun, then I dropped Sweet "AC-DC"..and every lesbian, bull dyke and feminine alike, went apeshit...singing along, dancing and grindin'...I had no idea that was a lesbo-rock classic...I just played it because it was a rockin'tune. After the Sweet tune I continued in their good graces with Joan Jett "Bad Reputation" and the buzz cut chicks came up and gave me dap.

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    good looks on the tips, a co-worker of mine keeps nagging me to dj at a local lezbian bar but i keep declining because i dont want to play a bunch of misogynistic rap music.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    last night at the roller derby prom, I was playing rock records and folks were partying and having fun, then I dropped Sweet "AC-DC"..and every lesbian, bull dyke and feminine alike, went apeshit...singing along, dancing and grindin'...I had no idea that was a lesbo-rock classic...I just played it because it was a rockin'tune. After the Sweet tune I continued in their good graces with Joan Jett "Bad Reputation" and the buzz cut chicks came up and gave me dap.

LOL

Made me think of a night many years ago I enjoyed at a lesbian bar. I was the only dude there except for the gay bartender, hanging out with my roomie who was still trying to figure out if she was a switch-hitter. But those ladies knew how to have a good time down in the Frogtown area of St Paul. Wish I could remember the name of the bar....something like 'Ladies Night' or some such.

• Frogtown area of St Paul. Wish I could remember the name of the bar....something like 'Ladies Night' or some such.

Lucy's??

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    good looks on the tips, a co-worker of mine keeps nagging me to dj at a local lezbian bar but i keep declining because i dont want to play a bunch of misogynistic rap music.

Even though the crowd wasnt exclusively lesbian, I did get some laughs and eye-rolls from Richard Hell's "Love comes in spurts", but then again, they got down and were grindin' on each other during Ice-T "G. L. G. B. N. A. F."...so i guess it depends on the sentiment.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Frogtown area of St Paul. Wish I could remember the name of the bar....something like 'Ladies Night' or some such.

Lucy's??

That may have been it...it was one of those nondescript box-y typr bars that used to be typical in and around Frogtown, I wanna say around University and Dale....this was back in the early 90s, my memories are a bit fuzzy.